Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Save loads with your Meteor Tariff

• 04-05-2009 10:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭

Hi don't post here often (ever) but I thought I'd share this tip with you..

<snip> On second thoughts maybe not. I don't want a nasty surprise in my bill in return for sharing this. </snip>

Maybe I just got a nice customer care rep (<mod snip - don't name staff members>). I'd advise you to try this before they cop on, thank me when you get your bill!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

That worked out well for you! Unfortunetly doubt all the reps would be so nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Well I did so under the advice of the <snip> who also used the same trick himself so you never know ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

and if it doesnt work you are stuck with a 12mo contract ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

samhail wrote: »
    and if it doesnt work you are stuck with a 12mo contract ;)
    Yeah I know but It's an added bonus for me, was going to go for the 12mth anyway. And it's definitely worth a try if you are an existing customer.

AFAIK you legally have a cooling off period (14/28day) with the contract. If it doesn't work you can settle your first bill and forget about it. Can anyone confirm the cooling off period?

Edit: It's 14 days in my contract. Plenty of time to chance your arm :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

not the brightest thing to do, posting that here. Any idea how many of my higher ups check these boards? i'm sure you'll find out in due time. . .as will that CPW manager

as for your enquiry, yes, there is a 14 day cooling off period (as with most contracts set up in this country) within which you can cancel. you just write a letter, pay for what you used and give back the handset

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Ok, I don't think this thread is going anywhere, considering it is full of <snips>.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement