Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thank you Mr. Rudd!

Options
  • 04-05-2009 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭

Got my $900 in my bank account today courtesy of the Australian Government.

I'll be sure to toast K. Rudd when I piss it up against the wall :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭the dee

I still haven't got mine and neither does my partner. :( I'm broke, where is my Rudd money?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Got mine last week.

Gone in 60 seconds!

:-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

How do you get it?

The amount of hours I'm putting in for this poxy govt needs to be rewarded somehow :P

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

You don't need to do anything. If you did a tax return last year it will be deposited into the bank account you used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Aww man, I want some Rudd money. Maybe I should start lobbying John Key.

The IRD do owe me about $1000, the baxtards. That's supposed to arrive in June. I'm putting it all away for a trip home.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 nialinho

I did a tax return last year when i was there but ive since come back home and closed my bank account there. Anyone know can I get this and how?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

DS wrote: »
    You don't need to do anything. If you did a tax return last year it will be deposited into the bank account you used.

Ah balls. I didn't do a tax return last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭FreeAnd..

got mine today...didnt think I would get it until the end after they rang me to say my change of address didnt go through (and the fact my girlfriend got hers 3 weeks ago) - still roll on more stimuli

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Derek B

Got mine too a few weeks back, it made a sizeable contribution to a new laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

nialinho wrote: »
    I did a tax return last year when i was there but ive since come back home and closed my bank account there. Anyone know can I get this and how?

You can ring them, or if you went through a tax agent you can get them to pay you, (but some are charging) ring them up, they can send out a cheque

But you need to have been an australian resident for tax purposes

• Advertisement
Advertisement