Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Becoming a press photographer

• 04-05-2009 10:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

How do I become registered to take press photos at football matches etc and get into places where celebs are to get the right shot??
    Do I need a license or wha??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

There's no quick and simple answer.

It depends on what sport, what matches, what clubs, etc.

Easy way - work for a paper, work for a photography agency.

Sport and celeb photography are quite different fields.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 tomby

mmmmm yea, thanks...i guess you cant just turn up on leiscester square and start taking photos on the red carpet?!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

tomby wrote: »
    mmmmm yea, thanks...i guess you cant just turn up on leiscester square and start taking photos on the red carpet?!!

Course you can. Act like you should be there and nobody will bat an eyelid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

It really depends. Some places have special sections for press photographers, which require prior approval for access. For this, a press pass (Press ID, NUJ membership, working for a paper, etc) would require you to be on the access list. Other places, you may very well be able to walk up and take photos.

Advertisement