Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kebab in Dundalk

• 04-05-2009 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Can anyone tell me where I can get a proper take away kebab in dundalk? Not interested in abrakebabra. I mean a proper kebab?:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Tony's grill on the Avenue Road do a good kebab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TommyT

doncarlos wrote: »

If you like food poisoning.
    No decent Kebabs in town, Tony`s are worse than abrekebabra. Great Kebab shop on Trinity St in Drogheda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

TommyT wrote: »
    Tony`s are worse than abrekebabra.

The other way around for me. Abrakebra are rotten. Only to be consumed when very, very drunk!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭bettedavis

sinbad1 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me where I can get a proper take away kebab in dundalk? Not interested in abrakebabra. I mean a proper kebab?:cool:

TBH i've never had a so called 'proper' kebab, i've had the occasional one in abra over the years always whilst v drunk. Personally think kebabs are food that are only eaten when too drunk to actually care what your eating. whatever about chicken kebabs, but those doner kebabs are as far as i'm concerned food poisoning suicide. how can something turning on a stick for days on end be healthy after the 1st 2nd 3rd day. depending on the demand it might be sitting there for a week. maybe in the 'proper' kebabs shops were demand is higher, but certainly i wouldn't chance one whilst sober in dundalk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Bingles

doncarlos wrote: »

Absolutly agree I love them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sinbad1

Off to Tony's I go then.. Mmnn.. im that hungry now id eat anything.
    :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭TheBigFella

Tip : Ask for no salad and you'll get alot more meat. Otherwise you'll be paying for rabbit food.

Have to agree there are no great kebabs available here but Tony's would be the pick of whats around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Raoul

Bingles wrote: »
    Absolutly agree I love them

I agree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭bettedavis

having been reminded by this thread i found myself in zaytoon in dublin for a kebaba few weeks back, was alright, nothing i would rush to eat again, but the other night i went to tonys avenue road and thought i might just give a kebab a go. have to say, it was just lovely ! garlicy and chilli and plenty of meet, my only complaint would be, not enought salad though thats just a preference thing . i would recommend it as the nicest kebab i've had in a long time, and i was sober !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 sex?

try the new place zam zam across form the home bakery near the cathedral.. there was one of them places in sligo when i was in college and they did a pretty good kebab, all id say is that they cut the meat a little too small, theyve got the whole shebang to go into it tho' ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

TommyT wrote: »
    If you like food poisoning.
    No decent Kebabs in town, Tony`s are worse than abrekebabra. Great Kebab shop on Trinity St in Drogheda.

I was in a Kebab place in Drogheda yesterday evening..I had a chicken shawsomething and my oh had a normal lamb one. They were absolutely feckin' delicious! I can't stop thinking about it:o. I don't know the name of the street it was on, think it was called Kebab Grill then Halal was written underneath it, the staff looked Turkish, there was a small plainly decorated seating area and there was some kind of takeaway next door to it with 'chicken' in the name.....Is that the one you're on about?
    Just found out the one i was in was on Peter St.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

zam zams is quality. Never been a kebab man had one in there the othernight. Tikka and Mayo. Amazing will go back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭madra-rua

SDTimeout wrote: »
    zam zams is quality. Never been a kebab man had one in there the othernight. Tikka and Mayo. Amazing will go back

I got a medium doner kebab in there ... was HUGE and didn't even manage to eat half of it (and I was starving) ... would've liked more salad in it, all it had was lettuce :confused:

Advertisement