Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't fcuk it up Villa!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭scruff321

congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

Congrats! Did you hedge?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,422 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Nice one op :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Yay, Accu comes in shocker!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Nice onw, OP. Enjoy the winnings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,583 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Nice one.
    Fair play OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

As a side note did anyone read Kevin Pullein's article in the Post today about hedging out on bets??

Basically he was saying that as long as you're satisfied that you are on at the right price you should always leave the bet stand; unless it is a life changing sum of money.

Cant find a link online atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Fair play op!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Enjoy the winnings. I'm jealous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

you're welcome!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭gnolan

Well lads, back after getting sh1tfaced in town! Good night! Just so you know, i put 80 euro lay on villa at 5/4 so woulda come away with 100 profit; but then bet365 gave me a free 80 euro bet on top of that; so that went on Villa winning after the first half and hull to win outright which woulda net me 4000 euro.

But as you know Villa scraped it, lucky bastards. Bloody delighted though, and glad i just put down the 100 against villa. Think i'm gonna have a rough day tomorrow though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

How Irish is that? I win so I get drunk.

mike65 wrote: »

7?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,454 ✭✭✭✭cson

mike65 wrote: »

Humanities ftw.

I don't use the rolly eyes smiley lightly as I really don't like it but allow the lad celebrate whatever way he wishes ffs :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Congrats OP.

As a forum moderator who has given you a platform to boast I feel it's only fair that a percentage of your winnings is deposited to my account. We'll make it an even 50%.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Healio wrote: »
    As a side note did anyone read Kevin Pullein's article in the Post today about hedging out on bets??

Basically he was saying that as long as you're satisfied that you are on at the right price you should always leave the bet stand; unless it is a life changing sum of money.

Cant find a link online atm.

Well if you're a seasoned gambler putting decent money on then it's probably sound advice alright. For a big one Euro accumulater fun bet with one match to go, i'd always say hedge it.
    cson wrote: »
    Humanities ftw.

I don't use the rolly eyes smiley lightly as I really don't like it but allow the lad celebrate whatever way he wishes ffs :rolleyes:

I think his comment was more a celebration of the Irish way rather than a criticism. You may have wasted a rare rolleyes on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

is it just me or does that seem like a sh!t return - predictin 10 selections all right and only gettin 668 or whatever it was...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,583 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Ace2007 wrote: »
    is it just me or does that seem like a sh!t return - predictin 10 selections all right and only gettin 668 or whatever it was...
    668-1

Thats not too bad for 10 football selections. Granted its extremely difficult to get 10 but I think thats not too bad. He may have been able to get better odds elsewhere.

Ace2007 wrote: »

It is and it isn't. It just so happens that this weeks results were somewhat easier than other weeks to predict, with the expected winners winning, and the ten matches really only have two tricky ones in there

Whereas this week i've got another 1 euro 10-fold at 5800-1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Ok those odds are ludicrous. I have to ask... What teams?

• Advertisement

Brimmy wrote: »
    Ok those odds are ludicrous. I have to ask... What teams?

Off the top of my head:

Arsenal beat Chelsea
    Utd beat City
    Liverpool beat West Ham??
    Fulham Draw Villa
    Everton beat Tottenham??
    Blackburn Draw Portsmouth
    Hull beat Stoke
    Wigan beat West Brom
    Newcastle beat Middlesbrough
    Bolton beat Sunderland?? - possibly draw

Not so outlandish like a malfunction!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,454 ✭✭✭✭cson

You basically correctly predicted every Premiership result for the weekend :D

Advertisement