Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pasta Bake Dishes

• 04-05-2009 12:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I love most kinds of pasta bake dishes, i think they are really quick, tasty dinner to have and you can always mix up the ingredients, trying different variations without going too wrong.

So basically i would love if you could post your favorite pasta bake recipes here.

I'll be trying this one myself tonight:
    Taco Pasta Bake

1 lb ground beef
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    ½ onion, diced
    1 celery stalk, diced
    1 cup mushrooms, diced
    1 lb penne
    2 cups salsa
    1 cup sour cream
    1 packet taco seasoning
    ½ cup frozen corn
    1 can black beans or kidney beans, drained and rinsed
    1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put on a big pot of salted water to boil for the pasta.

In a frying pan over medium-high heat, fry the ground beef with onions, celery, mushrooms and garlic. Once browned, add the taco seasoning.

Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until al dente (you want the pasta to be just slightly underdone because it will continue to cook in the oven.) Drain pasta.

In a large casserole dish, stir together beef mixture, pasta, corn, beans, salsa and sour cream. Once all combined, sprinkle shredded cheese over the top. Place in oven for 25-30 minutes until the cheese is nice and melted and the dish is heated through.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Taco-pasta bake? Sounds like a transatlantic feast :pac:

Must give some pasta bakes a go myself, always enjoyed them, never made them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

ONly made it once or twice. Quick and easy. Just pre packed mixed veg, jar of sauce and pasta. Would love a nice recipe for chicken, mushroom, bacon pasta bake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Same method as yours Overflow, but I use:

pasta, 3 cups chopped tomatoes, 2 cups chopped courgettes, 1 cup chopped celery, 2 cups chopped mushrooms, full onion, 2 cloves of garlic, herbs (ususally rosemary, parsley, oregano), good bit of black pepper, cheese wise I usually mix cheddar in with the pasta, and put mozarella sliced on the top towards the end, goes all stringy :pac: nom nom

Advertisement