Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Stalker game:S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

Good news, hopefully this one has less bugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Sleep function? Sweet! I loved the occasional foray into the Zone at night for the sense of danger and claustrophobia, but it would have been nice to be able to do it in the morning instead...

I hope they add a lot more new locations in, I enjoyed revisiting some locations in Clear Sky to see what they used to be like, but a third time probably won't do much for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

I still have the original stalker sittin in my drawer ! Haven tried it in over 6 months now. Just too many bugs. Will prob give it ago now see if any new patches out!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Got Clear sky. Installed. Failed. With the absolute abyssmal lack of support coming from the studio except for their russian customers, I just deinstalled it and haven't looked since. I am in no hurry to look again judging by past performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

looking foward to this as i was a big fan of the first game, havent played the second one due to bugs and if history is anything to go by then i suspect when u start the game ur character will fly up in the air and be killed instantly while a million saved game files are on your computer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

I was most of the way through the story in Oblivion Lost mod, before my laptop broke. I really want to get it again, finish it and get Clear Sky, then this.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Played the first until I got fed up..awesome atmosphere and environment, crappy stability plus the story and missions were totally obtuse.

Shame, its a great idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Be great it they fixed the bugs in the last one first

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Loved the first one, and loved exploring pripiyat level especially.
    Love to explore it again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The sleep function sounds very interesting and a nice feature to add.Hopefully the A.I will be even more ramdom :D.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Cant wait for this. Tho the new features sound pretty much like the best additions from oblivion lost just incorporated into an official game from GSC. And having been to Pripyat & Kopachi village, i cant wait to see what they look like in this game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

What Lemming said, not going to buy a game from a Developer with a clear lack of support for their customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,935 ✭✭✭✭briany

I got the first game in the series back in 2007 when it first came out and I played it, didn't like/understand it, so I uninstalled it and thought maybe I'd play it later. Fast foward a year and a half, still having not played the first game, I got clear sky and loved it, it just seemed easier to get into for whatever reason and I liked the supply management system. I went back afterward and played the original stalker too and finished that as well and I've been waiting for more ever since. Hope it doesn't stray too much from the original formula even though they're doing away with the play area of the first two games.

Is it just me or do other first person shooters never feel quite the same after you've played this series???

Its mad cos STALKER was nearly considered vapourware, it was nearly in the Duke Nukem Forever category of never gonna happen when it was suddenly released. Now its defining the next generation graphics api with Clear Sky being released in directX10, its directX10.1 patch also for Clear Sky benefiting Ati users and now using directX11 in the Call of Pripyat. Unlike Crytek and other developers, they've not got consolitis, keep up the good work guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Link is dead for that site

News
    There's nothing to display.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Apparently a console version of SOC is coming after the new game.

I really enjoyed SOC it was a deeply flawed but great game. I've recently bought CS but haven't really gone back to it. I got fed up with the game constantly trying to mug me.

5uspect wrote: »
    Apparently a console version of SOC is coming after the new game.

I really enjoyed SOC it was a deeply flawed but great game. I've recently bought CS but haven't really gone back to it. I got fed up with the game constantly trying to mug me.

Well I've no problem with a console port of the game coming out although it might be a bit too involved for the average Halo/Gears of War playing gamer but then again, not as involved as most RPGs so whatever. I just hope they don't make console their top priority and then we're treated to the same old dumbed down PC ports with horrific control schemes. Remember Dead Space on the PC? Argh!!!!

GAH HELL!! The release date for the English language version has been pushed back to first quarter 2010. Oh well there's nothing for it, I'm just going to have to download the russian version with an English patch when it comes out in a week or two. Damn and I was really looking forward to this game as well:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ya just saw that,****ty,but hopefully there wont be any game breaking bugs this time around.

Well I heard it was more to do with them working on English translations and such so I don't know about the bugs, however I'd bet there'd be more than a few bugs come time for the English language release. One thing's for sure, when this game comes out in Russia and the game is patched to English by crackers, it is going to be pirated to buggery! (Bad pun not intended.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

The (patched) Clear Sky was good craic, it has to be said. I love games where theres a sense of place and good atmo though, so I'm forgiving...

The game looks to be pretty good. There's a lot of guesswork to be done because of the dodgy translations that are floating about at the minute but it's still an enjoyable play. There appears to be no game breaking bugs either! BONUS! Here's hoping for a better English translation to come out soon.

briany wrote: »
    The game looks to be pretty good. There's a lot of guesswork to be done because of the dodgy translations that are floating about at the minute but it's still an enjoyable play. There appears to be no game breaking bugs either! BONUS! Here's hoping for a better English translation to come out soon.

Wha?

Are you from the future or the past? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Wha?

Are you from the future or the past? :confused:

The betas been leaked

Its supposedly not a beta, its the Russian version going to print thats been leaked.

Then again neither of the first 2 were playable before at least 3 patches

Oh right. When was it supposed to be released, I thought it was just announced.
    I think I'll try and blunder through CS first tho.

Oh yeah, it's nearly time for the next installment in the stalker series!:D I have been very good and actually waited for the English version to come out and now that time is right around the corner (I tried the Russian version but it spoiled my enjoyment too much:rolleyes:). It's a pity that the release seems to be getting painfully little fanfare. In my opinion it is one of the best FPS franchises of recent years way way better than Halo or Call of Duty. It's deep and it's atmospheric and it's challenging gameplay. Will anyone else here be getting this game? It's just about the only game on the PC that I'm looking forward to right now, certainly the only FPS anyway. I suppose because of the piracy situation, it prob won't be getting to much better on that front which is a pity but there you go.:o

I'm considering jumping ship to Metro 2033 as an alternative.

It looks like a STALKER clone but hopefully it'll be a less painful.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I'm considering jumping ship to Metro 2033 as an alternative.

It looks like a STALKER clone but hopefully it'll be a less painful.

Aye, I got those vibes from the trailer, but face it. Most games coming from these ex-Soviet countries are such bug-ridden messes it's incredible how they get past QA at all. Mind you, I'm assuming these dev-houses have a QA to begin with.

• Advertisement

Yeah woah I've heard of that game before. I'm not suprised if it were a S.T.A.L.K.E.R clone because of the team who made and the software they may be using to make the game. Looks like it could be an enjoyable romp in any case maybe even more bleak than the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games. If that were possible. The thing that I like about the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games is that because you're in the zone, it's implied that the world goes on as normal outside of that so the bleak edge is blunted somewhat. It's not really a "The world is f**ked" work so much...

Advertisement