Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone Help!!

• 04-05-2009 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭

I recently claimed a new iphone off my insurance as i cracked the screen and it will be here in 48 hours! My query if anyone could enlighten me is this - will my contacts be synced onto my new phone with me doing nothing or will i have to do something to make sure i don't lose all my contacts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭AntoSRFC

Youre better off asking the lads on the apple forum but i presume there on itunes are they not so when you sync your music they go aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

itunes will sync your new phone with the info it has, happy days :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭AntoSRFC

just wondering does that mean if you get someones number for example and type it into your iphone next time you sync it with your computer will it add that information to itunes automaticaly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

AntoSRFC wrote: »
    just wondering does that mean if you get someones number for example and type it into your iphone next time you sync it with your computer will it add that information to itunes automaticaly?

yes itunes backs up your iphone every time you connect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

tinner777 wrote: »
    Basic rule of thumb, if there is a sync option, its not in the backup.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I recently claimed a new iphone off my insurance as i cracked the screen and it will be here in 48 hours! My query if anyone could enlighten me is this - will my contacts be synced onto my new phone with me doing nothing or will i have to do something to make sure i don't lose all my contacts?
    The phone is returned with no data. You need to have our data backed up before you send it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 tayto2009

how do u get free texts on the iphone

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

tayto2009 wrote: »
    how do u get free texts on the iphone

Eirtext.

Utilises your free web texts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

tinner777 wrote: »

It doesn't really, it will sync contacts if you have that setting ticked to sync contacts everytime phone is connected.

A backup is a different process and usually you kick it off manually or will be prompted to do it when you run an update. This backup up data such as txt messages and notes

Advertisement