Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless problems...

Options
  • 04-05-2009 1:32pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else have trouble with their wireless connection in certain rooms in the house? Sometimes I can't get a connection in my room, but it works fine in every other room.

It's really beginning to piss me off!!

It's Eircom BB, netopia modem & D-Link router.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Well it could be a few things. Maybe its the wireless reciver your using? Is it built in or a seperate? Its possible that its just not that good and your pushing it just a bit too far in this partcular room. On an average sized house though a bog standard reciver shouldnt find too much hassle.

The router stelf may need to have its wifi freq changed? Odd that its only in one upstairs room. Could be something close enough to just this room is broadcasting on a similar channel?

Any cordless phones or base stations up there? Tv senders or baby monitors? If they arent there in the room its entirely poss that your neighbour on the opposite wall has something like it plugged in there.

I'd say the best action is to change the wireless freq on the routers admin screen to channel 11 and see if that makes a difference.

(How is the signal in the rest of the house? Poor /average / excellent?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Try changing channel and see if it improves

Advertisement