Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help!

Options
  • 04-05-2009 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

My girlfriend is starting a new job tomorrow on Haroldscross Road and she's living near the Grand Canal Dart station.

Its too long to walk there and back everyday, so can anyone recommend a good bus route? We're both new to Dublin.

I presume you could get a dart into town and then bus out, but would anyone know a more direct route?

Thanks for the help,
    M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭sogood

Ring up Ringsend bus depot, numbers in the book as they would serve that general area, if not they will point you in the right direction. Get it from the horses mouth, they will give you timetables, journey times etc. Congrats on the new job!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

The DART into town then bus out seems to be really the only way. Unless she gets either the 77/77a/56a/50 to the Dolphins Barn end of Cork St. then walk along the canal (be about a 20 min walk). It really depends what part of Harolds Crossroad is is working at the canal end or the Terenue end?

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Zatman

Number 18 goes around that way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭king_of_inismac

She's working around 220 Haroldscross road. I think that's closer to the canal end?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

If she took the bus's gavin mentioned she could then get the 16, 16a, 49, 49a or any of the 65's which run the length of Harold's Cross road if she didn't want to walk.

• Advertisement

She's working around 220 Haroldscross road. I think that's closer to the canal end?

Ye it is afaik, just after the hospice. The well I explained is definitely doable so.

Looking at the 18 route, I'd say my way is probably the better, depending ofcourse if she lives closer to 18 bus stop or a 77/77a/56a/50 bus stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭king_of_inismac

Yep, the no. 18 sounds perfect. I think the nearest stop from grand canal street is at the junction of pembroke and lansdowne road.

thanks for the help guys, its very much appreciated!

Advertisement