Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any info on Rosehill, Newport?

Options
  • 04-05-2009 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

We're looking at houses in Rosehill in Newport. Was wondering if anyone has any information/opinions on this estate. Any problems with the houses/developers, neighbours, broadband connection, etc...? How is life in Newport in general? Many thanks!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ki

Moved to Newport recently myself, it seems like a nice place with your usual collection of people. Mainly very good hearted but as always a couple of scumbags trown in. The same as every other oversized village.

As for rosehill don't have much info, the usual over populated crampted ontop of each other but well built

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

What do you mean, problems with neighbours? :D

I live in Rosehill and have since November 2007.

Its very very quiet. The houses are fine in my opinion.

The lazy developed never bothered to level the back garden so there is an extra job for you.

Paint the house yourself.(Inside)
    Tile it yourself.

We got, and you should get, an allowance towards our kitchen.

We got on extra unit above the drawers(next to kitchen window), a double unit in the utlility which was not included. Obviously this cost extra but there is not much storage space to start off with.

The house is wired for an alarm.

The house is wired for Chorus.

The house has a phone jack downstairs in the sitting room and in the main bedroom.

The internet is either Ice Broadband or land based. I had Ice Broaband and gave up due to constant failure in the murroe base station and now have digiweb for €54 per month. 3mb connection. The lines can only handle up to 4.5mb so 3 will do just fine.

AES are the bin company. Mr Binman will not collect in Newport. Nobody else provides a bin service.

The postman arrives around 11...............................

I dont know what else I can tell you.

Ask anything you like, I hope I can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭ham_n_mustard

Howya, i'm living in rosehill as well, and Berty isn't leading you astray. its a nice enough place, very quiet. neighbours are grand.

btw, the postman might not be calling around anymore if he's elected in the locals....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Joeface

I second or third Berty's comments , Living there just over the year now. Nice and quiet.

Do everything he says about the presses in the kitchen and utility if its a new hosue, I am only doing that now and regert not doing it in the first place.

On The Broadband , eircom and BT are also available , with bt my self but since january service has been poor.

Only real negative I can think of is the roads in any direction have been ruined

Hmmm, who are you people?

• Advertisement

lol
    we will do it this way

crap black integra guy is me

Joeface wrote: »
    lol
    we will do it this way

crap black integra guy is me

I wouldnt say crap. I like Integra's.

Are there not two Integra's on that road?

Can you guess which person I am / Which car I drive?

quick scan .....for digiweb , there is one just in range

Ah A4 guy

nice car very clean , if thats u

That's me.

The 'aul A4 gets me around.

Hello Neighbour! ;)

i'm the one with the blue cordoba complete with pucked in door (thanks to my drummer), howya lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Which one is Rosehill?

I go to school in Newport, fairly good with little or no trouble. It's a quiet town with the odd eejit thrown in for good measure. Simple little town really.

Well if ya don't know were not telling ya, Thats the last thing we need is Students hanging around ..........that always leads to the same thing , TROUBLE

Boards Beers Becon's if more boardies turn up in rosehill

Boards Beers Becon's if more boardies turn up in rosehill

There are two more to my knowledge living in Phase one of Rosehill but my recent sleuthing has not tracked them down.

Supposedly we are already members of a group called the Group Community members programme which we were supposed to pay in around €230 per year into.

Yeah right, Mick(developer) can go for a long walk on a short dock before he gets that.

Finish the final wearing course of blacktop, finish the riverside path and hire some people to finish the rest of the houses and I still wont pay. :D

Didnt think anyone was paying that , Arent we the residence committee, and arent we just suppose to vote them out when the Take over from Micky.
    and vote in Tipp CC north

i thought that was the case alright, but it think we can only apply to the CC to take this place over when its fully completed...not looking likely to be soon

Do you want to have any part of an unfinished estate with grass growing up around the rafters of the unsold houses.

At least Mick cuts the grass and kept the areas relatively well.

I would be damned If I was going to pay a committee €200+ per year to cut grass I do not own.

Hell you can all pay me €200+ each and I will cut the grass every two weeks for you.

hey hey , if there is a grass cutting job going its mine, I need all the extra cash I can get , if im going to keep my integra on the road.

They actually started cleaning out the Empty house beside me in the last few days , Was wondering did some one buy it and at what price.

I heard the houses are going for around €170k or so.

The 4 bed detached at the front are now €204k down from €310k. The girl who lives there was mighty upset when telling me. Understandable.

Mick told me people were coming on site offering him €100k for the houses. He said he had to mentally restrain himself for beating the sh it out of them.

Whilst your cutting the grass, you can cut my grass as well. :p

ouch that hurts , damn it i should have waited 2 years. oh well the joys of been a home owner , at least im not in it for the profit .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

Berty wrote: »
    I heard the houses are going for around €170k or so.

The 4 bed detached at the front are now €204k down from €310k. The girl who lives there was mighty upset when telling me. Understandable.

Mick told me people were coming on site offering him €100k for the houses. He said he had to mentally restrain himself for beating the sh it out of them.

Whilst your cutting the grass, you can cut my grass as well. :p

are you sure your figures are correct? I heard the 4 bed detached houses in stonehall were going for €257 at final phase..... smaller estate too.. think "the girl" will be more upset now!!!!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

where does it say how much the original cost was?
    Very good price at the mo...

Are there any 5 bed detached actually left?

I understand that house was the original show house of Phase 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Trig1

Hi lads
    is there any more news on the detached houses in rosehill,Newport.
    We are hoping (if we sell our own house) to buy a house there in the next few weeks- hopefully a 5 bed.

Trig1 wrote: »
    Hi lads
    is there any more news on the detached houses in rosehill,Newport.
    We are hoping (if we sell our own house) to buy a house there in the next few weeks- hopefully a 5 bed.

From what I have seen, or not seen for that matter:

There has been no work from what I can see been done on that section of the site in the past year probably.

The current developer to my knowledge has nothing to do with it so I do not know who the developer is or the agent is even.

No harm in driving out during the week and speaking to Mick, developer of Phase 2 of the 3 beds. He might know something but will no doubt try to fob off the 3 bed detached next to me to you. :D

thanks
    was out a few weeks ago speaking to a lad working on one of the houses, he basically said that I need to speak to mick- tell him that we want 1 of the 4 or 5 beds- they will then start building and the house will be ready in 7 months- need to check it out a bit more though- cheers for the reply

Trig1 wrote: »
    thanks
    was out a few weeks ago speaking to a lad working on one of the houses, he basically said that I need to speak to mick- tell him that we want 1 of the 4 or 5 beds- they will then start building and the house will be ready in 7 months- need to check it out a bit more though- cheers for the reply

If you want Micks mobile number then send me a private message.

thanks- was out again and spoke to the one of the lads in the cul de sac- he told me that Liam Clohessy was the builder on site, will be speaking to him during week, cheers for everything

off topic
    but could the Newport ppl with Broadband , do me a favor and ping test the line or tracert which ever I dont care

Connection at the moment is gone to the pits need to no it is not just me ...before I can get anything done.

cheers

• Advertisement

I dont know how to ping the line other than going to command prompt and typing in ping www.google.ie or similar.

I have never heard of tracert but went to it anyway and it brought up a default ip address and I used the Athens on the list.

This is the result

PING 78.137.175.196 (78.137.175.196): 56 octets data
    64 octets from 78.137.175.196: icmp_seq=0 ttl=242 time=111.8 ms
    64 octets from 78.137.175.196: icmp_seq=1 ttl=242 time=295.5 ms
    64 octets from 78.137.175.196: icmp_seq=2 ttl=242 time=112.0 ms
    64 octets from 78.137.175.196: icmp_seq=3 ttl=242 time=107.2 ms
    64 octets from 78.137.175.196: icmp_seq=4 ttl=242 time=106.3 ms

--- 78.137.175.196 ping statistics ---
    5 packets transmitted, 5 packets received, 0% packet loss
    round-trip min/avg/max = 106.3/146.5/295.5 ms

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement