Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passing by Compensation

Options
  • 04-05-2009 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Hey,

Quick question regarding passing by compensation. Got an E in the christmas exams and couldn't afford to repeat it so dropped it. Subsequently got a bit of money but was told I couldn't repeat because of continuous assessment despite passing continuous assessment before christmas :( Anyway thats another story, if I get two more E's do I fail the year? Kinda confused with how it works. Then I would have 45 credits and three E's which I would prob pass by compensation?? Getting pretty worried!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

If you have a gpa of 2.0+ your E's will be passed by compensation and you can bring to F's into next year to repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

how many exams do you have to fail to fail the year? like I passed 6 at xmas and have 6 this semester but only have a gpa of 2.4 so how would I fail the year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭fillmore jive

I think you can fail a maximum of three, any more and then you have to repeat the year. Not too sure about that so maybe check the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭kev_s88

to pass by compensation you have to pass 75% of your overall modules and have a GPA of above 2.0 (i think)....if you meet these requirements any modules you failed with an E grade will be compensated to a pass but you will be given a compensatory module GPA which is 1.3 (again i think)

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Bluefox21

betafrog wrote: »
    You need 50 credits (ie pass 10 modules) in order to progress into the next year and you need to pass at least 9 of your modules and get at least an E in the ones you don't to pass them with compensation.

Meaning if I did end the year with three E's I could still progress as long as they're not in my ten credit modules?

• Advertisement
Advertisement