Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feedback - what a refreshing change

Options
  • 04-05-2009 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭

Every time I take a look at the feedback forum now I am truly amazed and I welcome its transformation from what it was in the not too distant past to the now, dare I say it, a more mature and sensible place for people to air their thought or grievances.

Gone are the 20+ pages of tripe about someone who posted a word that was taken out of context. Gone are the vicious and retaliatory threads from users who were hell bent on extracting revenge on mods who banned them. Gone too are the the few threads where users with a genuine complaint were set upon by certain people who should have known better. It had got to a stage where some people wouldn't even post in feedback for fear of the deluge of insults that would be spewed at them.

Gone too are the resident Waldorf and Statler muppets who trolled every thread (now replaced by Beruthiel and Gordon ;)) and last but not least we have seen (almost) the end of those fu**ing cat pics.

Have to say its one of the better if not the best change to happen in recent times.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

/resists the temptation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Yay, the lolcats are gone!

funny-pictures-kitten-has-a-happy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I was thinking about this myself Muff, I'd have to agree. It's a lot more mature, feedback is more constructive, and locks are being used to tie up loose ends/muppets.

Situations are resolved and locked. The helpdesk is also being used much better for the most part.

I can't even remember the last time I saw a SULLY!! thread. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Ah I miss the old Feedback.

Srs biz should be shifted over the Help Desk and the rest left to be torn apart here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,220 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Yes, feed the muppets to the lolwolves I say.

edit: God dammit that kitten is precious.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

So boring now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

muffler wrote: »
    Gone too are the the few threads where users with a genuine complaint were set upon by certain people who should have known better. It had got to a stage where some people wouldn't even post in feedback for fear of the deluge of insults that would be spewed at them.

Gone too are the resident Waldorf and Statler muppets who trolled every thread (now replaced by Beruthiel and Gordon ;))
    Fully agreed, Muff (:pac:). The way people who weren't troublemakers in the least would still be ganged up on (often by, as you said, people who really should have known better) was quite dismaying to see (don't care if it's only the internet, Boards.ie isn't YouTube either).
    And the way there's practically zero "and this from a mod?!", "mods stick together", misinformed, paranoid crap is as refreshing as a cold beer on a hot Christmas morning... :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yeah... I noticed that too.... I'm not sure *why* though.

TBH, I'm considering making a forum for a BIG think tank group of everyone who has an interest in Boards.ie as an entity, a sort of FeedForward if you get me. Mostly because that wasnt happening before, now... I'm not sure if its needed. Suddenly Feedback seems to be more like what I intended it (naively) to be before...

We've all just jinxed it now havent we...

DeV.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I know I helped to kill the lol cats, but I sooo miss them.
    *cries*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I love how all the elderly people are enjoying the "maturity" of it now.

It sucks and the end of the craic in feedback has taken a little more away from this site, not added to it.

Although, in the eyes of those with a vested interest, I'm sure it's superb.

I prefer Feedback forums to not be places where excessive ganging up occurs...

/shrug

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I agree with tar its so boring now, it used to be good for a laugh but theres nothing here now, don't bother checking it out at all really i'll have to have a look at helpdesk

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Rb wrote: »
    Im happy to know that you "love" it.

So much maturity from one so young :pac:

MooseJam wrote: »
    I agree with tar its so boring now, it used to be good for a laugh but theres nothing here now, don't bother checking it out at all really i'll have to have a look at helpdesk
    I don't think it was ever intended as somewhere to go for a laugh...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I miss the funny stuff too.

Yes, it's good that the SNR has been reversed, but sometimes the noise made this a great read.

Even when I was on the recieving end of the crap, I still enjoyed it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Beruthiel wrote:
    *cries*
    http://www.cutelittlekittens.com/
    Rb wrote: »

It sucks and the end of the craic in feedback has taken a little more away from this site, not added to it.

Although, in the eyes of those with a vested interest, I'm sure it's superb.
    All the lecturer types love it but us hip kids don't dig this jazz!
    muffler wrote:
    m happy to know that you "love" it.

So much maturity from one so young :pac:

Episode: Muffler goes to college

DeVore: Hey!
    [RB presses the plunger; an explosion occurs in the
    background]
    [Many colours of bras rain down on the DeVore and Muffler]
    Muffler: DeVore?! Don't worry, Beruthiel, I --
    [looks over, sees the Beruthiel dancing and enjoying herself]
    Ms Beruthiel!
    Beruthiel: Lighten up, Muffler...that youngster will make a perfect
    addition to my Smod team. Secretary of Partying Down!
    DeVore: [growls; a bra falls on his head]
    RB: [triumphant] Yes! Take _that_, crusty old dean.

Dudess wrote: »
    I don't think it was ever intended as somewhere to go for a laugh...
    rf4467380.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

For the most part I welcome the new, more sensible, infinitely more useful, feedback.

But a small part of me thinks:

128859464622331132.jpg

Beruthiel wrote: »
    *cries*
    At your request, I can summon longcat

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

muffler wrote: »
    Every time I take a look at the feedback forum now I am truly amazed and I welcome its transformation from what it was in the not too distant past to the now, dare I say it, a more mature and sensible place for people to air their thought or grievances.

Gone are the 20+ pages of tripe about someone who posted a word that was taken out of context. Gone are the vicious and retaliatory threads from users who were hell bent on extracting revenge on mods who banned them. Gone too are the the few threads where users with a genuine complaint were set upon by certain people who should have known better. It had got to a stage where some people wouldn't even post in feedback for fear of the deluge of insults that would be spewed at them.

Gone too are the resident Waldorf and Statler muppets who trolled every thread (now replaced by Beruthiel and Gordon ;)) and last but not least we have seen (almost) the end of those fu**ing cat pics.

Have to say its one of the better if not the best change to happen in recent times.

At the risk of being a smart ass, but isn't that just because Helpdesk has taken over the complaints about bannings, and thus Feedback is free now those bad vibe threads?:pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

So boring now.

True that. The bigtommybomb thread wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes in the new feedback. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

theres a difference ?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Jazzy wrote: »
    theres a difference ?

Yeah it's gone shite.

In the old days Feedback was one of the first ports of call after logging on. Now it's merely a last resort when complete boredom sets in, and even then it's polluted with locked threads.

Snorefest tbh

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I liked the drama and the outrage too a lot of the time.

Helpdesk hasn't a patch on it and fails for it's own reasons too imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

As boards moves from being a community towards being a company, it was inevitable that feedback would have to start becoming serious. :(

I agree, it could be amusing when people weren't being wrongfully ganged up on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Dudess wrote: »
    I agree, it could be amusing when people weren't being wrongfully ganged up on.

Such is the internet. In a perfect boards world,only complete idiots and muppets(which,rest assured,haven't gone away) would be the only victims of such jovial attacks.
    But alas it wasn't so and our precious kittehs are seldom used.

While boards becomes more serious and official,i understand why it happened. It just makes me sad that muppets can still post utter bollox and not get snowed under in cute animal pictures.

Or the teachings of the noble philosoraptor.

• Advertisement

DeVore wrote: »
    TBH, I'm considering making a forum for a BIG think tank group of everyone who has an interest in Boards.ie as an entity, a sort of FeedForward if you get me.

I think before doing this, yourself and the other owners/admins would want to make it very clear as to the direction Boards.ie is going in and stick to your word on it, before asking community members for ways to improve the site (and therefore your business, effectively).

If it's a case of "We'll grow it 'til it's worth another load and then flog another chunk of it to an external company", I would be quite interested to see who'd be willing to part with their advice for free.
    Boston wrote:
    As boards moves from being a community towards being a company, it was inevitable that feedback would have to start becoming serious. frown.gif

Indeed, it's claimed to be "better", but who's eyes is it really "better" in?

Advertisement