Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Core i7 920 D0 stepping

Options
  • 04-05-2009 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

Has anybody purchased a Core i7 920 processor with a D0 stepping?
    If so where?
    Always on the UK sites like Scan and Overclockers they advertise the stepping but in Ireland, Oh no. That would be asking way too much.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Wouldn't mind getting a D0 myself.
    Might be worth emailing hwvs or komplett.
    Maybe ask in the komplett forum?

http://ark.intel.com/searchcode.aspx?ordercode=BX80601920&code=BX80601920

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Gerb68

I've posted on the Komplette page here on boards and sent an email to Piximania but I'll probably have to wait till tomorrow for any replies. As far as I know it runs cooler but not a whole lot of difference. Although cooler temps is enough.

I don't plan on overclocking (for awhile) but i wants a new one! :pac:

me 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭tazire

rofl im ragin! got a i7 920 runnin at 3.4 and its sweet!! but the thoughts of gettin 4+ easily is makin my mouth water!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Hiya,

I have a Q6600 and was thinking of upgrading to the i7 920. I am not sure if its worthwhile or not. How is it it terms of speed etc? Do you notice it like on startup and launching applications?

I don't have a clue about overclocking but I do tend to have a go at it in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

On startup yoru cpu has nothing to do with bootup speed, thats all down to yoru HD setup to be honest, but going from a Q6600 to a 920 is a fairly large leap tbh, you will notice a difference if you are using demanding software.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Anti wrote: »
    On startup yoru cpu has nothing to do with bootup speed, thats all down to yoru HD setup to be honest, but going from a Q6600 to a 920 is a fairly large leap tbh, you will notice a difference if you are using demanding software.

Well Photoshop, Dreamweaver and the odd games etc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭AaronFitz

I have asked this question in the komplett section of boards.ie to get this answer:
    "This question was asked and I'm aware that the stock at the moment may be still C0 stepping, however you should not quote me on that as bar from getting a person to head to the storage warehouse and checking fully, we wouldnt have that info at hand."

Followed by this reply:

"Hi there,

We had another customer ask about the stepping recently and I was informed they were C0. Trouble is we use a third party to manage all the stock for us and it is a real pain to check what steeping it is.

I'm not sure how you can tell stepping, but can you find out from a serial number on the box/ Maybe when you get it, you can check and then be sure that its D0 or C0. smile.gif"

Both responses can be viewed here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055564346

Yeah, I was that other customer.
    I purchased a D0 stepping from a computer shop on eBay. No heatsink and fan (Which I didn't need anyway) and therefore the price worked out the same. This fella said he had bought 50 of them.
    This is not the first time I have had to go down this route to buy what I want which sadly was my point in my OP. I'm sick of it.

• Advertisement

Hardwareversand.de got one for me with my new build. I put a request in the additional information box during my order.

Advertisement