Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The chronicles of Riddick:Dark Athena

• 04-05-2009 3:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

Anyone pick it up. I'm thinking I might get it. I played the demo, enjoyed it. I'm wondering peoples opinions on the full final product.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Really good value... but, Butcher Bay is quite buggy i found, nothing too major but there you go. Haven't tried Dark Athena yet but's it's supposedly a lot more action oriented and less stealth. The multiplayer blows, tried it for a while but it's just a generic poopfest to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Im enjoying it im still on Butcher Bay as i didnt play it first time it came out, Its good value anyway with the 2games, havent tried the multiplayer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Got it was well, Only played a few minutes of butcher bay, it does feel really dated, but that was to be expected.

I will be getting stuck into it this week, and will post what i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Really enjoying it. Never played Butcher Bay, so goin through that first and for a 5 year old game (I think) it stands up very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

rizzla wrote: »
    Really enjoying it. Never played Butcher Bay, so goin through that first and for a 5 year old game (I think) it stands up very well.

I think it's great too. Kinda dig the old school vibe as everything is more focussed so the set pieces are really well done as opposed to sprawling arenas where anything can happen but it usually won't. Riddick as a character is a complete bastard too, which is great fun to play as! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

completed dark athena last night on normal difficulty. Really enjoyed it but it
    was a bit too easy. Now to go back and play Butcher Bay on hard :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Good game and good value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

If you haven't played butcher bay then it's good, it was a solid game in the day and it holds up ok. But not amazing.

Dark Athena feels like an add on, tacked on to the original and the quality of it goes gradually downhill. I found myself getting a bit lost and bored in it.

It's good, it just feels a bit pointless. There is better out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

I loved dark athena. I preferred it to butcher bay. If youre looking for a good single player game it would be highly recommended by me anyway. I played a few minutes of the multi and it wasnt up to much, but really enjoyed DA's sp.

Advertisement