Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Younger into Older

Options
  • 04-05-2009 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

Hey i just want to maybe get some identification and see if there are other gay people out there like me to discuss this further.

I'm 28 and have always been into older,only older,i see absolutely no attractiveness in a male under the age of 50,ok guys in there late 30's onwards i can see potential to be nicer looking once their over 50/55

When i was 14 and looking at men i'd say i was into men who early in their early 40's and up,now at 28 i would'nt go near a fella under 58,most men i go with are between 60-70.i'm hoping this does'nt excel further,but who knows i have NO control of such matters

I had alot of trouble accepting this,alot of people told me,yeah you'll grow out of it blah blah.

Imagine trying to introduce your boyfriend to yer mam and he's older than her.

I've gotten my fair share of crap from other gay people too,calling me a money boy and gold digger etc.

I'm out in my life now and all my straight mates know and i take the piss out of them,saying how i'd be mad to get with their dads.

Personally i believe i became gay by certain events in my life which i had no control over and no choices in,some of my childhood memories are of getting a hard on thinking of my Dad being around and gettin off on that,so yeah there is a part of me that is still in that child mode,but i try and do the best with what i have been dealt.

So anyone else in the same boat say ello

PEace

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

A couple of my friends are into older men, say late 30s/early 40s but I've never heard of anyone fancying those who are 60+. Its unusual and I don't see the attraction but each to their own I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

I cant say that I am in the same boat but all you have to do is look at gaydar or squirt to see that you are not that unusual (although you are at the far end of the age gap‘s) Each to their own (as long as your not taking advantage of the ones with dementia :p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

It seems you're more attracted to the idea of being the younger man.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Donnaghm

gavkm27 wrote: »
    Hey i just want to maybe get some identification and see if there are other gay people out there like me to discuss this further.

I'm 28 and have always been into older,only older,i see absolutely no attractiveness in a male under the age of 50,ok guys in there late 30's onwards i can see potential to be nicer looking once their over 50/55

When i was 14 and looking at men i'd say i was into men who early in their early 40's and up,now at 28 i would'nt go near a fella under 58,most men i go with are between 60-70.i'm hoping this does'nt excel further,but who knows i have NO control of such matters

I had alot of trouble accepting this,alot of people told me,yeah you'll grow out of it blah blah.

Imagine trying to introduce your boyfriend to yer mam and he's older than her.

I've gotten my fair share of crap from other gay people too,calling me a money boy and gold digger etc.

I'm out in my life now and all my straight mates know and i take the piss out of them,saying how i'd be mad to get with their dads.

Personally i believe i became gay by certain events in my life which i had no control over and no choices in,some of my childhood memories are of getting a hard on thinking of my Dad being around and gettin off on that,so yeah there is a part of me that is still in that child mode,but i try and do the best with what i have been dealt.

So anyone else in the same boat say ello

PEace

Hopefully, there will be guys like you around in 40years time when I'm in my early sixties!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sher85

Im in the same boat as yourself. Im only attracted to older men. I wouldnt look twice at someone under 45. I've been told by a friend of mine who is in the know that it's not that uncommon. Any tips where to meet some older men, particularly 'straight acting' ones? Where do you meet older men?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

sher85 wrote: »
    Any tips where to meet some older men, particularly 'straight acting' ones? Where do you meet older men?
    I'd imagine online or in Jurassic Park(even the regular part of the George for that matter) would be fruitful...

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭gavkm27

sher85 wrote: »
    Im in the same boat as yourself. Im only attracted to older men. I wouldnt look twice at someone under 45. I've been told by a friend of mine who is in the know that it's not that uncommon. Any tips where to meet some older men, particularly 'straight acting' ones? Where do you meet older men?

Yeah the George is always a go,Bar in London called 'The Quebec' and online at silverdaddies.com

Thanks for everyones replies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21 edladdlad

I'm the same Gav, we're all attracted to who we're attracted to and there's no point in getting flustered about it. There's a biological imperative for straight people to be attracted to others of roughly child-bearing age - but for gays, I guess it doesn't matter - so as long as both partners are happy with their choice it's all good.

The only worry I have is that it's much more likely that I'll lose the person I love sooner that I would otherwise. But really it makes more sense to enjoy the time you have together than worry about the future too much.

edladdlad wrote: »
    I'm the same Gav, we're all attracted to who we're attracted to and there's no point in getting flustered about it. There's a biological imperative for straight people to be attracted to others of roughly child-bearing age - but for gays, I guess it doesn't matter - so as long as both partners are happy with their choice it's all good.

The only worry I have is that it's much more likely that I'll lose the person I love sooner that I would otherwise. But really it makes more sense to enjoy the time you have together than worry about the future too much.

Cool thanks,yeah i just get worried sometimes where it's goin,as i said in my original post about liking guys in their 40's when i was in my teens,now i'm going for over 55,don't know where it will stop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Meh, you can't blame a child for having mixed up sexual feelings when puberty hits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Reflector

I'd relate it to the Dad thing as well, nothing wrong with it, sure that's what you like.
    sometimes people are into red heads as they had a red haired baby sitter as a kid and they really liked her, or similar things. Your childhood can shape your sexuality.
    Having said that I believe that we are born with an innate sexuality as well.
    ie : I was born gay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Reflector wrote: »
    sometimes people are into red heads as they had a red haired baby sitter as a kid and they really liked her
    o_O

Get out of my head!

DCJR wrote: »
    you should be ashamed of yourself. incest is not cool bro.

Brother i have tried to take my life on 3 different ocassions in my teens,please don't try and tell me about shame

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭bp1989

OP:

Who cares what people think? I'm 20 and currently seeing a guy aged 44. I was 19 when I met him. I've always liked older guys too, it's no big deal. If other people have something to say, it just shows how closed minded they are. At least you're open minded enough to see that age doesn't matter. Your friends and family will accept it because they accept who you are and unconditionally love you. And those who don't aren't even worth talking to.

You'll never be happy in yourself if you can't date people you're attracted to, so why inhibit your own happiness for the sake of others?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

DCJR wrote: »
    you should be ashamed of yourself. incest is not cool bro.
    I don't recall seeing him say he had sex with his father...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

Boston wrote: »
    Meh, you can't blame a child for having mixed up sexual feelings when puberty hits.

+1 I used to get hardon's at the thaught of just about anything :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 limkguy

some like big guys, small guys, tall guys and loads of different things......we're all different and who we fancy varies....good luck to you op and go with your own feelings and not what others think you should be doing!

Advertisement