Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Merleau ponty and the body

Options
  • 04-05-2009 4:45pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭

hi folks.
    I'm having a little trouble getting my head around merleau ponty and his interpretation of the body. I'm in the process of reading the Phenomenology of perception and I'm finding it to be quite dense and at times down right indecypherable. I'm no dumdum but I am kind of pressed for time and I would really appreciate it if someone who understands the texts could give me a few pointers.

If there is someone like this online at the moment i'de appreciate a little word in your ear, I'm not asking anyone to do my homework for me i'de just like to run my interpretation by someone and see if I'm on the right track.

Much love!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Joycey

CrinkElite wrote: »
    hi folks.
    I'm having a little trouble getting my head around merleau ponty and his interpretation of the body. I'm in the process of reading the Phenomenology of perception and I'm finding it to be quite dense and at times down right indecypherable. I'm no dumdum but I am kind of pressed for time and I would really appreciate it if someone who understands the texts could give me a few pointers.

If there is someone like this online at the moment i'de appreciate a little word in your ear, I'm not asking anyone to do my homework for me i'de just like to run my interpretation by someone and see if I'm on the right track.

Much love!

Why not ask whatever questions u would in a PM here? I read a bit of MP for college last year, never ended up going through it in enough depth to be able to write an essay on it but I read whatever chapter it was that we had to do and think I understood it fairly well at the time. If you are at the same level as I was then I might not be much good to you but if you at least try to summarise what you think he might be saying then it might straighten it out in your own head and we can try and pick over it for you.

Id read it if I had the time but ive my own exams starting on thursday and ive just started myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

It would be worth reading the chapter in Dermot Moran's 'Introduction to Phenomenology' and the chapter in Richard Kearney's 'Modern Movements in European Philosophy'. That should sort you out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement