Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to get from the Ardmore Hotel to the O2 Arena and back again

Options
  • 04-05-2009 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

The title says it all really... I want to bring my boyfriend to see The Priests in the O2 on 22nd June at 8pm, but I have no idea where exactly that is, or how to get to and from the hotel. Any help would be really appreciated. The cheapest option if possible, cos I know a taxi will probably cost loads.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,580 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

the various 40 buses go right past, get one into town and walk down.

Although if you don't know Dublin maybe a taxi would be better, about €15 each way I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭aassddff

Ask them in the hotel. There are a good few schuttle buses that go to the point and back, details of those are on the O2 site.
    Enjoy the concert

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

As said get any of the 40's or the 140. It will take between 15-20minutes to get into town. The bus stops at Parnell street/ start of o;connell street. Which means a 10-15minute walk to the O2 or a €5-ish taxi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Are you stuck with using the Ardmore?.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭princess_calico

Are you stuck with using the Ardmore?.

not really stuck with it, but I'm just kinda paranoid about the cost and that seemed to be the cheapest I could get. Just doing leaving cert at the moment and I've got a waitressing job so i'm not exactly flush with cash right now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

not really stuck with it, but I'm just kinda paranoid about the cost and that seemed to be the cheapest I could get. Just doing leaving cert at the moment and I've got a waitressing job so i'm not exactly flush with cash right now!

Ok, well I'd recommend you look around closer to the city centre. It might cost slightly more (but you'd be surprised at some deals, I've seen The Harding Hotel advertising from €35-€50 per night) but the weigh off would be a saving in transport costs and convience.

Plus the Ardmore isn't in a fantastic part of the city, unless your going to spend a little time in Phibsboro (more transport to and from the hotel) there's really much better places.

Don't be afraid to ring some city centre hotels and try get them to give you a better deal on their advertised prices, to sell a room most will talk to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭aassddff

I would agree that you might look around. I had a frien stayed in the Ardmore and not overally impressed, shop around some great deals in better hotels

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

d4hotels.com are around E30 midweek for a room, Bewleys in Ballsbridge also cheap and closer to the O2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

HE HE - Mod edit!..

You doing any room deals for boardsies staying in your hotel?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Get the bus to town and ask anyone in town where O' Connell Street is, at the end of O'Connell st (At the river) there's a shuttle bus that goes to the o2, its there for every gig at it only costs a fiver return. If you walk down O'Connell st towards the Liffey, take a left at the end and the bus will be right there outside a chinese called Jimmy Chungs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭princess_calico

Grahamo999 wrote: »
    Get the bus to town and ask anyone in town where O' Connell Street is, at the end of O'Connell st (At the river) there's a shuttle bus that goes to the o2, its there for every gig at it only costs a fiver return. If you walk down O'Connell st towards the Liffey, take a left at the end and the bus will be right there outside a chinese called Jimmy Chungs
    omg u freakin legend, i hadnt even thought about the shuttle bus! thanks a million, Lou

• Registered Users Posts: 78,366 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Advertisement