Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The "AAARGH! EXAMS!!" thread

• 04-05-2009 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭

My exams begin tomorrow (where the fucc did that stuudy month go?) and I've an exam everyday for the rest of the week. :( I have 10 exams in total - the rest are spread out until I finish on the 29th.
    Hopefully once I'm past this week I'll be ok but I'm dreading the next few days tbh.

So how are the rest of you feeling? Confident or terrified? How many exams do you all have and when do ye finish?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

Start tomorrow too. It's not gonna be pretty. 9 exams in all, 3 this week ,and finished the 27th.
    Seriously, suddenly realising i should have started study waaaaaayyyyy earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

aaaaaaggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh....... studying like now for tomoro... really should have like done stuff for the past month, i have 8, two this week, one the tuesday after, THEN (oh this is the cruel part) i have two on the the friday followed by two on the monday! finished the day after on tuesday the 19th so i get to finish early! so screwed though.. not planning on sleepin much for the next two weeks... 2/3 hours if i am lucky! ha!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

Thank God I did my exams in Jan! Even though they did manage to ruin my christmas! Good luck everyone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭CommieBaz

Anybody know what we're supposed to bring to the exam centre with us? As far as I remember the only essential things we need are our student card and a copy of the exam timetable...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

aaaaaaggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh....... studying like now for tomoro... really should have like done stuff for the past month, i have 8, two this week, one the tuesday after, THEN (oh this is the cruel part) i have two on the the friday followed by two on the monday! finished the day after on tuesday the 19th so i get to finish early! so screwed though.. not planning on sleepin much for the next two weeks... 2/3 hours if i am lucky! ha!:D
    Aw man, 4 exams in 2 days. That sucks. :(
    Hope they go well for you.
    CommieBaz wrote: »
    Anybody know what we're supposed to bring to the exam centre with us? As far as I remember the only essential things we need are our student card and a copy of the exam timetable...

Nope, that's it I think - just make sure you have the final copy of the timetable (with the venues and seat numbers) of the timetable and not the provisional copy.
    Of course there are just the obvious things like pens, a calculator, a bottle of water etc. If you have any science or maths exams, Log tables are provided by the invigilators.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I have no study done for any subject thru a mixture of illness and apathy. I shall be coming back in August.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Feel some sympathy for some of the poor lads in Elec Eng final year. They have eight 3-hour exams. 3 hour exams for 5 credit modules, its lunacy!

Eep! :eek:
    Less than 3 hours to go and I'm here on Boards instead of studying.

FCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUK!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 meeayz

Is anyone out there prepared for 1st yr. celtic civilisation ? I'm dreading it !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

I'm fairly lucky I guess, just one exam, I'm in a repeat year.

Eight 3 hour exams. :eek:

• Advertisement

One down, oh yeah. Just 8 left.
    3 hour exams in elec eng!! i thought I had it bad with 3.
    Buddy of mine is in 3rd year elec eng and he has all his exams done. Man I wish I had all mine done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭kueef

meeayz wrote: »
    Is anyone out there prepared for 1st yr. celtic civilisation ? I'm dreading it !!!!

not at all!!!:eek: arggh i hate celtic civ!!

ive studied a bit.. just off to do some now..

im doindg migration
    art (ugh)
    vercingeterox... did u watch the clip on youtube?
    and a few more

for the lit part ill just read all the stories again ( i never read the táin :eek:)

for mythology..dont ask.. i never got that..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

I have 6 three hour exams starting from 7th - 27th. (2nd year CompSci)

Just finished my first exam, 2nd year Quantum Physics - it was absolutely terrible. I thought I was fairly prepared and was confident about passing comfortably. Then I saw the exam.

The questions were completely different to anything on any of the past papers. Half the stuff on it we never even covered ffs! There are a couple of exams I'm a little worried about but I never thought that one would cause trouble. Everyone in my class who I spoke to felt the same - a certain physics lecturer is now on my enemy list. :mad:

Luckily, I can't dwell on it too much because one of my hardest exams is tomorrow and I have to go study for that. YAY! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭babel2

kueef wrote: »

im doindg migration
    art (ugh)
    and a few more

for the lit part ill just read all the stories again ( i never read the táin :eek:)

all that is piss. i dont even need to go over any of it. 100% for me in celtic civ anyway.cool.gif
    jealous much?

babel2 wrote: »
    all that is piss. i dont even need to go over any of it. 100% for me in celtic civ anyway.cool.gif
    jealous much?

do you really think i would be jealous of a guy who in 2 yrs will be prancing around campus pretending he is in the lá tene doing wat ever the f*** they did back then :eek:
    oh.. can i sit next to u ...plze!!!!!!!:P

:cool::cool:

Just finished my first exam, 2nd year Quantum Physics - it was absolutely terrible. I thought I was fairly prepared and was confident about passing comfortably. Then I saw the exam.

Luckily, I can't dwell on it too much because one of my hardest exams is tomorrow and I have to go study for that. YAY! :rolleyes:

You had my condolences at the very mention of the term "Quantum Physics"! :eek:

Makes my Irish media exam coming up tomorrow seem a little tame in comparison. :o

Just finished my first exam, 2nd year Quantum Physics - it was absolutely terrible.

So, quantum physics isn't your hardest exam!!
    Seriously, gutted for ya man. That sounds nasty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Great thread dude formerly known as someone else! ;)

I start on Thursday, and apparantly I'm the only one.

Hmmm Business Law - Apparantly one in 6 fail but I'm guessing Fiddy said that to get us scared and study....I think it worked :o

Aodan83 wrote: »
    So, quantum physics isn't your hardest exam!!
    Seriously, gutted for ya man. That sounds nasty.
    CommieBaz wrote: »
    You had my condolences at the very mention of the term "Quantum Physics"! :eek:

Makes my Irish media exam coming up tomorrow seem a little tame in comparison. :o

Thanks. Still really pissed off. Quantum was actually supposed to be one of our easiest exams, I think most of my class were fairly confident going into it. I was even hoping for a 1st class honour! Now I'm almost certain I'll be back in August. The only way I'll pull through is if my continuous assessment mark is good enough. Or else they might push up everyone's marks because tbh I wouldn't be surprised if everyone who did that paper failed it.

Irish media, eh? This is probably a stupid question, but is that an exam about the media as Gaeilge or is it an English language exam about the media in this country? Or is it something completely different? (I honestly don't know! :o) Either way good luck with it!
    Haha, well there's not much else gonna be happening around campus for the next month or so and it's only right that we have somewhere to bitch about horrible exams and the evil lecturers that set them. :P

Hmmm Business Law - Apparantly one in 6 fail but I'm guessing Fiddy said that to get us scared and study....I think it worked :o
    1 in 6 ain't so bad - that means 83.3333% of ye pass, so think of it that way instead :)

• Advertisement

im doindg migration
    art (ugh)
    and a few more

Ya I watched the clip on you tube.... thats a definite question ( hopefully) why else would she reccomend it otherwise ? and maybe la tene art or dress and appearance !! I've never read the tain either , ah well !

Why cant the department just put the continous assesment results up on black board instead of making us go in to the orb to check em:mad: , Can only imagine my result :confused: ha ha !

I'm sure BioChem start thursday too.
    One in 6 isn't all that bad. Theres gonna be amuch worse fail rate in afew of mine i'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Anyone else here doing Third History and Politics?

I have Vietnam 75-08 today. Should be fine, straightforward exam. My problems basically lay in my god awful hand writing. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭deisedude

She said that to us last year aswell, i dont think its that high though. One down 5 exams to go. I'm going to have to do some stretches or something before the next one!:p Nearly got cramp writing so fast

Ya I watched the clip on you tube.... thats a definite question ( hopefully) why else would she reccomend it otherwise ? and maybe la tene art or dress and appearance !! I've never read the tain either , ah well !

Why cant the department just put the continous assesment results up on black board instead of making us go in to the orb to check em:mad: , Can only imagine my result :confused: ha ha !

ya i know!
    i dont know anyone who likes it..do you?

for the lit id say a question about women and cu cullain will come up?

Irish media, eh? This is probably a stupid question, but is that an exam about the media as Gaeilge or is it an English language exam about the media in this country? Or is it something completely different? (I honestly don't know! :o) Either way good luck with it!

Its an English language exam about the media in this country....thank God! ;)
    Only had it earlier today, a fine little exam, everything that we expected came up etc.
    And to the users complaining about Celtic Civ - I feel your pain!

ya i know!
    i dont know anyone who likes it..do you?

for the lit id say a question about women and cu cullain will come up?

I don't know anyone that has anything good to say about it !
    Staying awake was a struggle :rolleyes:
    Ya, I hope woman come up !
    Must brush up on cu chulainn now that you mention him ! "Window on the iron age" is likely as well , but I have no idea how to answer that :confused:

Why cant the department just put the continous assesment results up on black board instead of making us go in to the orb to check em
    I never got that either. I'm doing 3 IS modules, and none of those lecturers, all of whom have their own website where they put up all the lecture notes, put the results on blackboard, or on their web pages. Surely it isn't that hard to put the results on the internet if they put all the notes there!!

Just to be 100%, the 'College Mini-Restaurant' is where exactly?

• Advertisement

Orizio wrote: »
    Just to be 100%, the 'College Mini-Restaurant' is where exactly?

Above the main restaurant.

And you're a UCC mod??! :pac: :D

Above the main restaurant.

Ah naturally...and this 'main restaurant' would be where exactly?
    And you're a UCC mod??! :pac: :D

I have such an intimate knowledge of UCC and its fine eateries that I know not to go anywhere near any of them. ;)

Ah the main rest, the finest purveyors of haute-cuisine you'll find outside of Paris.
    And here it is, in all it's rustic glory. Notice the elegant, beautifully designed Kane building looming over the horizon like a monolithic Godzilla.
    image,186,en.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

their soup is the only thing i have ever dared to try......:D

their soup with complementary urine is the only thing i have ever dared to try......:D

Fixed that for you...

See, I'm a very helpful moderator. :)

Well, 3 down, 7 more to go...
    Linear Algebra yesterday was ok. Could have been a lot worse.
    Fourier Methods today didn't go so well. Paper was tougher than previous years imo but I think I did just enough to pass (had a fairly good continous assessment, thank God.)

Tomorrow is Astrophysics. It could either go spectacularly well or end in complete disaster. :pac: Then after 4 exams in a row I'm free until next Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Alan Smith

Have 6 in total. Two done and four to go. Don't finish until 29th though even though I've two weeks off :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭orangetictac

Alan Smith wrote: »
    Have 6 in total. Two done and four to go.

Same here....except I'm finished on the 20th :D

Tuesday, Friday, Monday and it'll all be over at 12.30 Wed 20th..:cool:

Taking today off....think I'll go to KC's:P nom nom

Is there anyone here doing 'Science and Religion' on Monday, because I haven't a clue whats coming up. The conflict thesis for the compulsory question?

I don't know anyone that has anything good to say about it !
    Staying awake was a struggle :rolleyes:
    Ya, I hope woman come up !
    Must brush up on cu chulainn now that you mention him ! "Window on the iron age" is likely as well , but I have no idea how to answer that :confused:

how did it go?:eek::eek::eek:
    at least vercingetorix came up

Alan Smith wrote: »
    Have 6 in total. Two done and four to go. Don't finish until 29th though even though I've two weeks off :rolleyes:
    I'm not sure if having a load of time off is a blessing or a curse. I have a week off before my last exam, but if the month off is anything to go by, I won't study. Still though, 3 down 6 to go. :pac:

• Advertisement

I'm not sure if having a load of time off is a blessing or a curse. I have a week off before my last exam, but if the month off is anything to go by, I won't study. Still though, 3 down 6 to go. :pac:

2 down... 8 to go :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

3 down, 3 to go so half way there:) Monday morning is the big one though, hence my studying at this hour of the morning.:(

My bed is looking awfully appealling right now:p

how did it go?:eek::eek::eek:
    at least vercingetorix came up

First part went fine.... done my 2 Qs , v. happy:) . 2nd exam ..... I literally died and came back to life in the exam hall , when I turned the page...... It was MYTH... :eek::eek::eek: How the f*** did I not cop on ?? I now remember her saying "don't mix the exams up " I didn't have a clue , was planning on studying that nxt week , cause have the week off, wrote like 10 lines:( !! How did you get on ?

2 down... 8 to go :(
    Don't worry, ones marketing. That's supposd to be piss easy.

Don't worry, ones marketing. That's supposd to be piss easy.

Yeah but there's 7 other ones!!!

I have business maths 2moro, prob my best subject so I'm actually looking forward to it. I'm really worried bout French tho, the next day. At least it's only worth 40% and I shud be able to scrape a pass. Not good if half my course is French and I'm **** at it! :S

Yeah but there's 7 other ones!!!

I have business maths 2moro, prob my best subject so I'm actually looking forward to it. I'm really worried bout French tho, the next day. At least it's only worth 40% and I shud be able to scrape a pass. Not good if half my course is French and I'm **** at it! :S
    You didnt think through the french part of Comm and french, did you?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭roberta c

I dont start until friday strangely.. Still havent actually studied and didnt attend too well during term 2 either... buggerooo!

I still have time right?!
    Have 6 exams, 2 english, 2 philosophy and 2 politics. dreading english!

First part went fine.... done my 2 Qs , v. happy:) . 2nd exam ..... I literally died and came back to life in the exam hall , when I turned the page...... It was MYTH... :eek::eek::eek: How the f*** did I not cop on ?? I now remember her saying "don't mix the exams up " I didn't have a clue , was planning on studying that nxt week , cause have the week off, wrote like 10 lines:( !! How did you get on ?

omg you made that mistake too!!!:eek:
    i realised it at about midnight thurs night!!! i couldnt believe it!
    i had NOTHING done for it as i was going to study for it next week!!
    i was cramming all day fri!!! i was able to write an answer to the questions but im not too sure if i made up the "facts" lol!! :P hey at least we are sorted (well......) for next week anyway.
    i started off doing question 1. that was about comparing characters i chose dagdae and brigit.. after a paragraph i realised i didnt know anything about them:rolleyes: so switched to druids.. oh well
    oh and i did supernatural dimensions in kingship... i bascially talked about the dagdae being king of eirú and having magical powers... :confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

I have figured that for gepgraphy, I only need about 10% in each section to pass :D that shouldn't be too hard, although I don't know much at all for economic geography.

And depending how i've done in my last ary history slide test, I've pretty much already passed! Life isn't so hard! :p

roberta c wrote: »
    I dont start until friday strangely.. Still havent actually studied and didnt attend too well during term 2 either... buggerooo!

I still have time right?!
    Have 6 exams, 2 english, 2 philosophy and 2 politics. dreading english!
    There is always time. You have all week any way, so if you start now, youll have it all done for thursday.

• Advertisement
Advertisement