Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pausing downloads

• 04-05-2009 6:09pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭

Ok guys, this may be simple but I havnt figured it out yet. I want to download a demo game but its quite big and it'll take a while to get the whole thing done. I dont want to leave my 360 on for the whole thing cos its probably take a few hours (I have shitty broadband speeds) and I dont have the time nor patience to wait for it.
    Anyways my question is, can you pause and resume downloads? If so, how?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Just stop your download at any time and it keeps what it has safe. To continue on again just find the download on Live and select download as normal and the 360 just carries on where it left off. This feature saved me alot of hassle when I was with Eircom and had an average of about 20 connection drops a night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭Hangover

What are using for the download ? if its a torrent or direct transfer than you can stop and start as often as you like. In firefox i use Down them all as the dl manager which works well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,026 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Hangover wrote: »
    What are using for the download ? if its a torrent or direct transfer than you can stop and start as often as you like. In firefox i use Down them all as the dl manager which works well.
    This is an XBox forum... I believe the OP is referring to pausing downloads on the 360.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭Hangover

basquille wrote: »
    This is an XBox forum... I believe the OP is referring to pausing downloads on the 360.

Yeah, i know but since he didnt mention that fact i thought maybe he was just downloading an iso or similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

go to systems settings and enable your box to download while not in use and after downloads complete it switches off itself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

+1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

go to systems settings and enable your box to download while not in use and after downloads complete it switches off itself

Yeah, I figured out how to do that. Cheers for the help

Advertisement