Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo IT-Environmental Protection

Options
  • 04-05-2009 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hello everyone,

Im just wondering does anyone have any experience of the MSc in Environmental Protection in Sligo IT??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 scarter

Hi, I did the course and graduated in 2005. I needed to do the post grad first to qualify. The post grad was really good, as it was done in modules of around 6 months at a time. The trick to the Masters was to know what you were going to do a thesis on. If you were clear on this, there was nothing to stop you from starting research before the commencement of the module. However, you met up redulary and you had to give updates of your work to your tutor and peers. If you looked cagey, you could get shot down and your prior research would be wasted. I was committed to evaluating biological grease trap treatment and it worked out good for me. However,I had to pass an exam on reed beds at the time. This was because the awarding university required an exam to be taken on a fixed subject. This was a bit like taking another post grad module and was distracting. I think that the exam requirement was being discontinued through. All in all, I enjoyed Sligo and the M.Sc. I did it to promote my career and it enabled me to run a drain company called Super Drain, allowing me to set up a grease division and implement the recommendations of the M.Sc. This has led me from being a salesman to an academic, to driving a grease truck around the country picking up grease. Not everyones cup of tea but I think its brilliant!! The course allowed me to take something from a concept and make it real.
    -Steve Carter:)

Advertisement