Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Exams Thread

Options
  • 04-05-2009 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭

Surprised there isn't one already.
    The usual 'how'd it go' and 'im so screwed for<...>' thread.

First exam tomorrow (Datastructures) and it's going to be the hardest, should be handy enough after that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

betafrog wrote: »
    Datastructures is a handy exam, try Principles of programming languages or foundations of computing... They'll keep you up at night...:eek:

I'm alright for Maps, Iterators, Trees and Pattern Matching.
    Tries, Graphs and the like i'm struggling with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

I only have one thing to say on the subject........
    AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHH....farkin exams...:P

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

betafrog wrote: »
    Datastructures is a handy exam, try Principles of programming languages or foundations of computing... They'll keep you up at night...:eek:

^^ This. Third year sucks.

Frisbee - is Simon Dobson still teaching that course?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

quantum mechanics at 12 tomorrow.
    it could go either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

^^ This. Third year sucks.

Frisbee - is Simon Dobson still teaching that course?

Nope, Rem Collier now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭wexican

Strategy at 3 tomorrow. 10 credit course. Will probably be awful.

oh well...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

wexican wrote: »
    Strategy at 3 tomorrow. 10 credit course. Will probably be awful.

oh well...

A course on strategies? Elaborate..

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭wexican

Brimmy wrote: »
    A course on strategies? Elaborate..

Strategy Formulation and Implementation - BMGT30200

Identifying and analysing sources of superior profitability to firms and developing both corporate and business level strategies around them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Awh. I thought it would have been someething cool like military strategies or something :(

Good luck though to you and everyone. My first one is Wednesday. *Crosses fingers*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭kev_s88

ugh my 2 Drama exams are gonna suck on friday and saturday..... apart from that it'll all be good....2 days of hell followed by 2 exams in 6 days to close out a great year :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

It's that time of the year again.Feels like I only got my christmas results a few weeks ago!!
    Anyway,my first exam is on wednesday at 9, so i've another day and a bit to learn half the course! Good luck to everyone doing exams;)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

First one for me is on Thursday at 9. Politics exam on the Sovereign State. We were told essentially what's coming up but I still feel like I'm screwed. Not looking forward to it at all.

WHY IS THERE SO MUCH GREAT SPORT ON AT THIS TIME OF YEAR?!

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭GobBass

One on Wednesday (German Political Culture) - (9-11) and then a week off...

...then on the following Wednesday I got the Macroeconomics exam (12-2) which should be hilarious considering about 5 out of 250+ people took down Frank Walsh's MCQ sample Q&A...

..then the next day is Film Studies (12-2) in which I will hopefully do well in as I got quite good marks in the buildup.

On That Same day at 6-8 lies my second German language exam which should also be hilarious considering not a single positive review coming out of the orals with the exception of the hardcore/fluent/went to a German school types.

Then finally on Friday..I go round 2 with Moore McDowell on the Micro resit (3-5) and then stroll outta Simmonscourt and then freak out about what the hell I did wrong.

One this week. 4 exams in three days next week...no pressure:eek::eek::eek:

I didn't know the beginning of summer was gonna have THIS much fun in it.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

I'm fcuked.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭bnt

SRFC90 wrote: »
    I'm fcuked.
    Get some sleep, you'll feel better in the morning.

Me, I'm pretty happy with the way it's going. Only major concern is STAT20060 (Statistics for Engineers) on Friday. Anyone else who was on that course this semester will understand why, but it will shortly pass in to legend, and time heals all wounds, they say. :(

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Accounting 3 in t-minus 1 hr. Siiiiick. Im so fúcked.

Then Strategy later. All hype imo. Porter is the king of stating the obvious. Genius made a living from it. Well done sir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

quantum mechanics at 12 tomorrow.
    it could go either way.
    2 hours to go.

=(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

First one not till thursday, and then thats arguably the easiest exam for me, and only 1 hour. Am getting steadily through other subjects, have enough time to finish off the studying and and re-cap once over again.

Good luck to everyone else too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

i've my first one in an hour and a half, not really worried since i know exactly whats coming up but i still feel really nervous. second one tomorrow then i'm done! apart from my thesis :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭dhaddock

data structures was grand I thought. Except for the greedy question!! He mentioned that on the last day and then threw it in as mandatory :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Had my Operating Systems exam on Friday... Failed it like there's no tomorrow. Only had 25% (from possible 70%) going in, the exam was worth 30%. I didn't even answer enough questions to pass it, and those that I did answer I just guessed.

So f*cked. Just hope I can scrape a compensation.

3 exams left, starting Saturday with Asia & Australia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Got my first tomorrow, elective. Been to zero lectures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭dhaddock

is it quantative economics by any chance?? Im exactly the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Just 2 exams. In the space of 5 hours next Wednesday.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

dhaddock wrote: »
    is it quantative economics by any chance?? Im exactly the same!
    That's the one. I'll probably kill myself with shame if I don't get an A+:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

I've that as well. Bloody hell I havn't a clue what the story is with that at all. And the classes I've been to there's been an average attendance of 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭mac123

Brimmy wrote: »
    Awh. I thought it would have been someething cool like military strategies or something :(

Good luck though to you and everyone. My first one is Wednesday. *Crosses fingers*

nah mate, theres nothing cool about it! and its 10 credits:(

the mcq was hard, i had an idea of one of the answers the other 24 were guessed. compulsary q was easy and the other 2 i did were ok but not great. pretty bad exam overall in my opinion!
    the rest should be a bit better though..

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭mac123

SRFC90 wrote: »
    I've that as well. Bloody hell I havn't a clue what the story is with that at all. And the classes I've been to there's been an average attendance of 11.

yeah im in there two, its pretty easy stuff though, im gonna cover it all in the morning hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭damselnat

mac123 wrote: »
    yeah im in there two, its pretty easy stuff though, im gonna cover it all in the morning hopefully.

This what we all thought last semester. Went to a few lectures, couple of tutorials, laughed at the p1ss easiness of it (yes, simultaneous equations, ooh hard....)
    Ah, the look on our faces when we all left that exam convinced we'd all failed....
    I passed - just about....that taught me my lesson:o

Advertisement