Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Exams Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭starface

Financial Economics 2 saturday...boooohoooo ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

mac123 wrote: »
    yeah im in there two, its pretty easy stuff though, im gonna cover it all in the morning hopefully.

What ya get in the midterm?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 traceystacey

4 exams over 4 days in a row next week :eek:, the joys of my third and final year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

First one tomorrow. Nineteenth Century Literature. At 6pm so thankfully don't have to be up early for it.

Just finishing my notes for it now (had them done but compiling them down to one sheet) and time to cram between now and then after relooking over the texts and maybe watching a film of one of them just to be on the safe side ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Is the set-up the same as it was at Christmas exams? Head in, find your number and all that jazz?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Is the set-up the same as it was at Christmas exams? Head in, find your number and all that jazz?

Yep but 'tis in Simmonscourt

Jev/N wrote: »
    Yep but 'tis in Simmonscourt

Probably a dumb question here but is that different to where we did the Christmas ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Probably a dumb question here but is that different to where we did the Christmas ones?
    Yes! It's a huge shed off Simmonscourt Rd, across the road to the south from the main RDS arena. See rds.ie for a map if unsure - do not try to guess it or wing it, and allow plenty of time if you've never been there before.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

bnt wrote: »
    Yes! It's a huge shed off Simmonscourt Rd, across the road to the south from the main RDS arena. See rds.ie for a map if unsure - do not try to guess it or wing it, and allow plenty of time if you've never been there before.

Ah Boards saves my arse again. I'd no idea! Thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

First one for me is on Thursday at 9. Politics exam on the Sovereign State.
    That's the first one for me too. At this stage I'm getting sick of reading stuff that mentions the word sovereignty 10 times per page, but the exam itself should be ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Brimmy wrote: »
    First one tomorrow. Nineteenth Century Literature. At 6pm so thankfully don't have to be up early for it.

Just finishing my notes for it now (had them done but compiling them down to one sheet) and time to cram between now and then after relooking over the texts and maybe watching a film of one of them just to be on the safe side ;)
    just finishing off my notes for that as well, i feel eerily confident given that i've done essentially no study for it. I was looking at the past papers though, and it seems that you can get by with just two text, I.e. Soloman's Mines and The Importance of Being Earnest, that's my intention anyway, with some Irish poetry up my sleeve in case i get stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭mac123

SRFC90 wrote: »
    What ya get in the midterm?

14 out of 20, i could have done a lot better had i prepared for it though. im hoping for a high b in this at the very least.
    its gonna be a final year gpa booster for me:)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NU8

Is Simmonscourt the place where funderland is held?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Yeh it's the same place as funderland, here's a map

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Anyone else doing Economics of Public Policy next Friday? I've been told the final is an MCQ, but for some reason I thought it was a written exam with 2 sections. Can anyone clear it up for me?

I start tomorrow at 12 with the geography of Latin America. Should be handy enough. I'm leafing through one of the huge readings she gave us..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

dhaddock wrote: »
    data structures was grand I thought. Except for the greedy question!! He mentioned that on the last day and then threw it in as mandatory :eek:

Aye the greedy question really fecked me over aswell. Thank god Maps and Dictionaries came up in an optional question though. Trees were a handy one aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭BlackMamba

Finished Reading Medieval Literature there. It was....meh! Could have been worse I suppose! Have 20th Century Drama tomorrow morning at 9am!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

19th century went according to plan now onto Modernism!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

now the first bitch was gone yesterday and 2 more to go on saturday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Qualitative Research at 12 today, was fine. Used it as a warm up exercise for my hand, as hadnt written that style in a while, so all warmed up for the two hour exams coming. Also managed a 10 minute nap at the end:D

Went well!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

3 down, 2 to go. But I have a four day break now. Luckily, because I am dead. Not used to this 'studying' concept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Whelo10

Yeah Notorious is an mcq, with possible mulitple right answers, mr. Bargain is a bit of a bugger!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Lads what's the story with parking in Simmonscourt? Is there as much as the other place? Or should I park in the other place and walk over to Simmonscourt?

The exam is at 12, but I'll probably be there by 9

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Bleh, Intermediate Macro in 3 1/2 hours :(

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭lemon_sherbert

Argh! I've just had my third exam in 24 hours, making it my fifth in four days, and one more tomorrow morning. I do not like this timetable. :( But Tomorrow it will all be over!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Dave! wrote: »
    Lads what's the story with parking in Simmonscourt? Is there as much as the other place? Or should I park in the other place and walk over to Simmonscourt?

The exam is at 12, but I'll probably be there by 9

No theres loads, probably over 500 spots. Went in at 12 yesterday and there werent many cars there. Most people were getting lifts to avoid spending the €5. Theres on street parking at the entrance aswell thats always available but not sure how much that is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭kev_s88

ugh first exam down and it was a nightmare....stupid Case Studies module :( i hate DRAMA STUDIES with a burning passion and the faster i can drop it the better :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

5 euro a day, I know its 20 quid for the whole exam time but jesus how can they possibly justify that?

I also knows it prob been said a thousand times.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Modern America 2nd History today. Was decent enough. Andrew Jackson ended up like a charm in there, despite the crap start. New Deal was handy enough too, so I'd say a solid C in that module(hopefully better:D)

2 down, which both went well, 4 to go, next one starts the downward spiral towards crapness of my GPA, thank you Religion & State.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Modern America is great :cool:

Advertisement