Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Exams Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 stopthelights

i have my 6th exam within 5 days tomorrow and i'm shattered! can barely keep my eyes open at this stage. tough going!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

That's pretty rough man... Ah well you must be nearly finished them by now! Keep the head up ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

2 down, 3 to go. 1pm tomorrow will be halfway there.

The ones I've done so far (English) feel like they landed anywhere in that blurry space between a C- and a B+. Either way I was happy enough... Just need to survive these remaining history ones, but I'm really just playing for a 2.1 at this stage, I've already got a 2.2 based on my previous grades and getting anything at all in each of these exams...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

5 euro a day, I know its 20 quid for the whole exam time but jesus how can they possibly justify that?

I also knows it prob been said a thousand times.

Well there's free parking at ucd, and regular transport links + a short walk to the exam hall if you don't want to pay for the luxury of driving straight to your exam :P

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭mac123

5 euro a day, I know its 20 quid for the whole exam time but jesus how can they possibly justify that?

I also knows it prob been said a thousand times.

i just ask people driving out for their tickets, usually works and ive passed mine on to people a few times too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

I had my second exam today, Comparative Social Policy, went very well. My previous exam was nearly 2 weeks ago (go german language level 1).
    My next exam is Sociology of Health on Monday and then Social Work in Practice on Wednesday and then im done.

No more exams, EVER, for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Ive got a resit of Intro to Programming (Comp Science) tomorrow. I dont know what is on the exam, and i dont know how to program. I didnt go to lectures or practicals because i hate the course, hate it. I dunno what im going to do. Last time out i went into the exam, looked at the paper, sat there for 15mins and then left.

Dont suppose anyone here knows anything i should learn off?

Its a long shot, but hey. Worth a punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭McGaz23

dyl10 wrote: »
    Bleh, Intermediate Macro in 3 1/2 hours :(

ye i had tat too, wasnt actually too bad thought he'd set a much worse one!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Second exam out of 4 for me this evening, Law, Politics and Human Rights and then I'm off till Thursday and Friday. Nice to finish off the degree with only 4 exams, I've had 6 every other semester except once when I had 5 - so not having 4 over the course of 3 days etc is a bit of a novelty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Ive got a resit of Intro to Programming (Comp Science) tomorrow. I dont know what is on the exam, and i dont know how to program. I didnt go to lectures or practicals because i hate the course, hate it. I dunno what im going to do. Last time out i went into the exam, looked at the paper, sat there for 15mins and then left.

Bit reckless. Don't like it, drop out.

• Advertisement

Sean_K wrote: »

Bit rash, im trying to switch to a different course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Intro to Drama and Performance 2 at 3pm today....really wish i had read all the plays i was meant to :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Mikeyt086 wrote:

Email the lecturer. Just tell them the story and ask them what is on the exam. Most of them are fairly receptive ime. Worth a shot anyway.
    Sean_K wrote: »

Ah will ya shut up. He's not the first person to do this and certainly wont be the last.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

Is it Part I or Part II your sitting?

For Part II, learn how to write a basic class with local variables, getter and setter methods. Learn what the Java keywords mean: static, abstract, private, object etc. Learn inheritance and how super and subclasses work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Anybody taking Intro to Computer Forensics this evening. Just wondering what I should go over?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

alan4cult wrote: »
    Anybody taking Intro to Computer Forensics this evening. Just wondering what I should go over?

http://csimoodle.ucd.ie/moodle/mod/resource/view.php?id=2062

Questions 1,7,8,12,13,14,17,23,24,25,27,29,37 and 39 all tipped to come up by Joe. What a legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭dhaddock

edit: was about a second to slow!!

karmabass wrote: »
    For Part II, learn how to write a basic class with local variables, getter and setter methods. Learn what the Java keywords mean: static, abstract, private, object etc. Learn inheritance and how super and subclasses work.

Big thank you for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭kev_s88

im finished Drama forever :D

2 down 2 to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 RIP-sanity

Grrr. Haven't started yet. When I first saw my timetable I was like "Yay! 2 weeks to study" but alas I procrastinated for 2 weeks and now my friends are all nearly finished and i've got 5 left to go.
    *sigh*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭damselnat

Anyone done level one Sociology in Practice before? Is it really as straightforward as it looks? I keep looking at all the stuff I have to learn and going no, come on, there has to be more to it than this, this has to be one of those deceptively simple things....??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Just off three exams in four days - now only one left, and that's next Saturday.

Had Mechanics of Solids today, and one of those nice-but-weird exam experiences: looked at the questions with dread, but when I started doing them, it all came flooding back in. Took a bit long on some bits, being too careful, but managed to finish the last part the second they called time. There are some mistakes in there, but it's a nice feeling to know that I stomped all over that sucker, killing it dead. I wish it happened more often. :o

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

damselnat wrote: »
    Anyone done level one Sociology in Practice before? Is it really as straightforward as it looks? I keep looking at all the stuff I have to learn and going no, come on, there has to be more to it than this, this has to be one of those deceptively simple things....??

You'd be surprised how easy that sort of thing is. I kept feeling the same for that module, and Qualitative Research this semester. A bit of common sense goes a long way for it. Managed a C in this module, without trying anything much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭damselnat

Mushy wrote: »
    You'd be surprised how easy that sort of thing is. I kept feeling the same for that module, and Qualitative Research this semester. A bit of common sense goes a long way for it. Managed a C in this module, without trying anything much.

cool:cool::)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Asia and Australia was pretty straight forward

Intro to Comp Forensics was the easiest exam I've ever done

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭lemon_sherbert

I'm finally done! Even if it was with a hideous exam... 4 months of summer!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

I'm finally done! Even if it was with a hideous exam... 4 months of summer!!:D

Congratulations!

Anyone any tips for Economics and Socitey or Lit in Context II (first year)coming up next week!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Whelo10 wrote: »
    Yeah Notorious is an mcq, with possible mulitple right answers, mr. Bargain is a bit of a bugger!

Cheers Whelo. Same as the mid-term then. Jesus that was tough enough. Thankfully I've a few days free to cram it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

karmabass wrote: »
    http://csimoodle.ucd.ie/moodle/mod/resource/view.php?id=2062

Questions 1,7,8,12,13,14,17,23,24,25,27,29,37 and 39 all tipped to come up by Joe. What a legend.
    lol this!!!damn i didnt come forum yesterday :( but the exam seems went well tho :D(who cares?!)

and is the first time i came in library on sunday.wow.people.i see alot of people!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Dave! wrote: »
    Intro to Comp Forensics was the easiest exam I've ever done

This, was finished after 40 minutes

Advertisement