Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Exams Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

SRFC90 wrote: »
    I need help! Have 2 exams 2mo, the 1st at 12pm and the next being at 6pm!

What do I do!? Where can I go in between to kill time and study!?

Walk to UCD and hit the library. Maybe hit the public library on Anglesea Road if there's any space left there.

OT what is people's opinion of exams at 6pm? Personally I detest them and will be getting in touch with the SU next year about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Exams at 6pm can go die in a fiery pit of fire, especially when you have an early exam the next morning and have to take 2 buses to get home from the RDS. Had that at Christmas with one of my exams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭dhaddock

I'd prefer 6pm exam's over 9am exam's anyday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I have no problems with 6pm exams, means I can get a bit of work done before hand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

How would I go about walking from the Main RDS entrance to UCD and how long would it take? Any help would be appreciated!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Get onto the N11 (Stillorgan dual carriageway) and just start walking to your left (ie. away from town) and you'll get there... eventually

Would probably take me 20-30 minutes I reckon

SRFC90 wrote: »
    How would I go about walking from the Main RDS entrance to UCD and how long would it take? Any help would be appreciated!!

It'll take you about half an hour.

From the exam centre walk out the main exit and turn left down Simmonscourt Road. Turn left at Anglesea Road. Keep going down this road till you get to Donnybrook. Then turn left and its a straight road down the N11 to the flyover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭damselnat

I'm all for exams at 6pm. No need to get up at a ridiculous hour to fit in a bit of extra cramming!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭p-nut

I've a drug action in body systems at 6pm today, and i'm glad of it being at that time as i'm only starting to study now:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

pithater1 wrote: »
    OT what is people's opinion of exams at 6pm? Personally I detest them and will be getting in touch with the SU next year about them.

I'm with you on that. Despise 6pm exams. Had my first exam yesterday at 6pm. Tedious day of waiting for an exam i had fully prepared for. Thankfully I'll never have another 6pm exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I have no problem with 6p.m. exams really.
    Except when they're on Saturday....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Had Accounting for Non-Business Students & Civilising Process Sociology yesterday.

Accounting was a bit crappy, but only elective, so not overly bothered.

Civilising Processes was lovely though. Two topics I studied came up, and in a nice way that it was easy to write about. Thought I was gonna fail it earlier in semester...may end up with a B now:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

p-nut wrote: »
    I've a drug action in body systems at 6pm today, and i'm glad of it being at that time as i'm only starting to study now:(
    I'll have a few drug actions in MY body system once i finish tomorrow at 2 :p

griffdaddy wrote: »
    I'll have a few drug actions in MY body system once i finish tomorrow at 2 :p

hahahaha:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭damselnat

WTF was with section B in Int. Politics yesterday, I actually couldn't even understand the question....:mad:and everyone around me seemed to be writing loads!!:(:(

I also hate everyone who's finished, and having loud parties!!! more out of envy than anything else

Five Pm tomorrow I will be all done....less than 24 hours....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭33% God

damselnat wrote: »
    WTF was with section B in Int. Politics yesterday, I actually couldn't even understand the question....:mad:and everyone around me seemed to be writing loads!!:(:(

I also hate everyone who's finished, and having loud parties!!! more out of envy than anything else

Five Pm tomorrow I will be all done....less than 24 hours....
    :mad: Bloody ag people interrupted by sleep last night. Making sheep noises and setting off fire alarms at 3.30 am. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭mac123

finished the degree there tonight!! investment and portfolio management, went okish...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

mac123 wrote: »
    finished the degree there tonight!! investment and portfolio management, went okish...

I think its kinda funny that this post is followed by your sig who kinda looks like Lee Gagan.

I thought that exam was a ****.

Last exam starts in5 hours and 50 minutes, i know nothing on the course but i don't care at this stage....

roll on summer holidays and final year:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭kev_s88

final exam in 4hrs and 19 minutes....thank god its intro to German Translation cause i really couldnt deal with a difficult exam to finish things on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

lol muahahahhaa in ya face mr.exam!!!i am so done!!!

Et fineto :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Finished the last exam, and the degree, yesterday evening. Will be back for more of it in September though!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Well that's it. Just did my last exam on Ethnicity, Identity and Nationalism. It went a lot better than I thought it would. I'm not sure if that means I'll get a good grade though! At least I leave knowing I gave it my all. Head held high and all that.

So now we wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Finito. And thank god

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭bnt

That's 2nd year done for me - one more to go as undergraduate (it's a 3+2 degree). The exam today (Theory of Structures II) was a pig: not really a "hard" subject, but one where there are too many fiddly formulas to remember, and if you can't remember, it can stop a whole question in its tracks. I can do the bloody formulas if I can remember them. :mad:

It's annoying because these "memory tests" are totally unrealistic: out there in the real world, you are never expected to remember long chains of calculations flawlessly, and work them out on paper. You use computers to do real work, you can fix your mistakes without starting from scratch, and you always have access to the correct methods, even if it's in book form.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

bnt wrote: »
    It's annoying because these "memory tests" are totally unrealistic: out there in the real world, you are never expected to remember long chains of calculations flawlessly, and work them out on paper. You use computers to do real work, you can fix your mistakes without starting from scratch, and you always have access to the correct methods, even if it's in book form.
    Universities are places of academic learning.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Sean_K wrote: »
    Universities are places of academic learning.
    Well, that's me told. Just what I've been told is a mystery, but I've been told.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭wexican

that's me done with university.

really nice feeling.

Advertisement