Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sniper Rifle Not Cocking

Options
  • 04-05-2009 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭

Ok, I got a sniper rifle off my friend, that was broke. I fixed it for the most part, but fo some reason it wont cock right. The safety switch was fiddley at best, eventually it fell out, and thats when the problem started. I founf that if I held the trigger when I was pulling the bolt back it would cock properly.I don't know what brand it is or anything but has anyone experienced this with a spring rifle before?

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

The trigger unit is put together wrong by the sounds of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Sounds like a worn trigger sear or a worn piston to me. pretty common with boltys. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Yep i reckon it's the sear myself

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭MonkeyGuy

So how would I go about fixing it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭+*EliteSniper*+

Give it to someone that knows what there doing.. That might sound a bit mean but its the right thing to do lol :P

• Advertisement

Well you possibly need a new sear but i couldn't say without seeing the gun, also depending on what make it is there may not be spare parts available, any idea what brand it is?

No idea of the brand. But it's nothing I could fix myself?

I was just looking around on websites and I think it might be a Classic Army m 24 with the fluted barrel

If it's the classic army then you should find replacement parts easily enough, try search for a maintenance or upgrade guide for that rifle, many people upgrade the sear to cope if they replace the spring and other parts. But again without seeing the rifle we could be talking about a completely different part, maybe your best option would be to send it somewhere to be fixed, eirsoft is the only place i know of that repairs airsoft guns

I know for sure that it was on the Eirsoft website before, but they took it off. Would it be expensive to do?

Advertisement