Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Bertie Piss You Off ?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

roskey wrote: »
    I like the guy! If i was in his position id do everything he did, scams, backhanders the lot! someday :p

You should join the FF party. With an attitude like that you should go far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

deadhead13 wrote: »
    Apparently, Bertie is in The Sun explaining why our economy going into freefall is, in fact, absolutely nothing to do with him. Utterly shameless.

He should be on that show :D

Totally his style :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

Q: Does Bertie piss me off?

A: More than I can vent my spleen to vocalise...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,355 ✭✭✭bladespin

I love Bertie, the best politician Ireland ever produced, charisma and smarts combined. :D

He could've marched us to war and wed have followed and had the brains to jump before the sh1t hit the fan, genius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Mahon is coming out in two and a half months- That'll kill any vestiges of any public career he had in mind.

Don't know about that. With all this talk and rumours (obviously let out by FF) about him running for the presidency I don't know what can stop. Sure he's a great aul boy isn't he ? A man of the people..... one of whatever your having :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

De Hipster wrote: »
    Q: Does Bertie piss me off?

A: More than I can vent my spleen to vocalise...
    If you were stuck in a room with Bertie & Cowen and could only go for one, who would you go for ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

hellboy99 wrote: »
    If you were stuck in a room with Bertie & Cowen and could only go for one, who would you go for ?

Bertie, why go for the puppet?

Cowen is now a puppet with nobody in control which is why one of the reasons he is failing so badly. He is a support character but can't control the situation.

Same as Gordon Brown in the UK I fear. I don't think being second in command means you'll be a good leader. It most likely means you don't have what it takes if you are willing to sit down and be a lap dog and wait your turn for power. Most people that would want to be taoiseach would have no problems taking on the current taoiseach when he was weak. There was no power struggle in FF which tells you that nobody high up wants to lead the party or the ones that do know they don't have a chance yet. They are all happy to have their high wages and expense accounts without being in the media spotlight as often as the taoiseach.

Has Cowen ever shown any real aspiration for power or was it just handed to him?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

Bertie always pissed me off.

You have no idea the amount of contempt I have for the Johnny come latelies.

Former FF scum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

thebman wrote: »
    Has Cowen ever shown any real aspiration for power or was it just handed to him?

That was alluded to on Prime Time tonight, John Drennan or Pat Rabbitte noted how Cowen seemed somewhat less than enthusiastic to take up the reigns of power during Berties long good-bye. He got the job cos he was assumed to be the leader in waiting (and lets face it who else would even half measure up to the role of Teeshock in FF right now?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

All the stupid people over the years who constantly voted in FF can suck it up now

The mentally handicapped in one flew over the cuckoos nest would have run the country better than what our FF lot have managed during the last decade

Bertie Ahern is the lowest common denominator, someone who was screwing the tax payer thousands for make up ffs.

His smug smile says it all tb

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭IIMII

Never liked how he rediculed people, hated how he gambled away the country to win the 2007 election, hope he stays away

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭transylman

And then he has the neck to say that we wouldn't be in our current mess if he was still in charge. We're in this mess mainly because of you, you *******. Shameless, completely and utterly shameless.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,355 ✭✭✭bladespin

He'll slip back in when the recession's over, masterstroke :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Like the other thread I've just closed off, this is now simply a general rant thread that has run its course except for a few more rants that we're never going to hear.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement