Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hiring versus buying gear

Options
  • 04-05-2009 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

All,

Does anyone have recomendations on places to hire tools that are reasonably priced? I am currently looking to hire (or get a loan of) a drywall gun with an auto-feeder.

However, the few hire places I have rang are looking for so much money, it would be arguably more economic to actually buy a new one from the interweb and have it on standby for future projects!

Anyone got similar experiences and/or found particularly reasonable hire companies?

Cheers,
    Jab

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭JohnButler

Ji there

i dont know where you are but i use DB Hire in Edenderry Co. Offaly most of the time. They are pretty reasonable and sound men to boot.
    Might be too far away for you so may not be of any help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

jabaroon wrote: »
    All,

Does anyone have recomendations on places to hire tools that are reasonably priced? I am currently looking to hire (or get a loan of) a drywall gun with an auto-feeder.

However, the few hire places I have rang are looking for so much money, it would be arguably more economic to actually buy a new one from the interweb and have it on standby for future projects!

Anyone got similar experiences and/or found particularly reasonable hire companies?

Cheers,
    Jab
    price the cost and availability of the screws as u may find they are proprietary and v expensive
    the cordless ones are much heavier than the wired ones but the cordless ones, depending on make, can be used for other stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭jabaroon

JohnButler, am in Dublin, so would need somewhere reasonably close.

Carlow, agreed on the price. In general a box of 1k seems to be about 50 bobs or a little less depending on where you get them. Its the rental price thats a joke!!

Cheers for the replies
    Jab

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭newmills

Try Etag fixings in ashbourne for the screws. I am buying the collated drywall screws from them at €6.50 per 1000 but I am buying in bulk and getting good discount. You shouldn't really be paying more than about 10-12 euros per box from them.

As regards the gun I bought a new concept 14.4v cordless autofeed gun from ebay for £100. The nose cone can be easily removed and the gun can be used as an impact driver - very useful.

Advertisement