Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N95

• 04-05-2009 8:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭

Has anyone here had this phone for over 12 months?? I'm just wondering how it's holding out, meteor have it priced from €179 and I'm considering it.

Does anyone know of any better offers?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

It holds out pretty well. Can take a fair few knocks and bumps in my experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I have it in me pocket all the time on the bike and mines still going strong. Great phones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

my phone went funky randomly there few weeks back, looked like smashed screen but i didnt think i did.

Sent for reapir 5 days later back to me, saying hardware error free repair.

Solid phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Love mine, decent phone and does hold up well:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I have mine nearly 2 years. Its a little rough around the edges. The slide mechanism is still perfect though despite the doubts about it at the start. The battery cover clips have broken but from abuse and dropping it plenty. Would still recommend it to anyone. You should consider getting it from adverts or ebay if you want an unlocked one, or not being tied to a contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Have mine for a year. Best Phone I ever had. BY miles. I recently replaced the screen and fascia myself for around 50 quid with genuine parts from ebay. Like a new phone again. Its such a popular phone spare parts are very simple to get and cheap on ebay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭keizer

Good to hear all of the above. I want a phone that lasts. I have the Nokia E51 at the moment which I find to be a very decent phone but for some reason the volume seems to have reduced a little on calls and I sometimes find it hard to hear the person at the other end when travelling in a car etc. I've checked the volume setting and that's no the problem either.

Good to hear no problems with n95. I generally tend to look after phones quite well.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭383Ger

I had one up to 6 months ago and made the change to a nokia music xpress. however the xpress had to go in for repairs two weeks ago and I had to start using the old phone again. Am thinking of sticking with it even when I get the other back...much better...and in hindsight don't know why I changed it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭Ardent

Have mine almost 2 years now (bought it second hand). Not a bit of bother with it. Solid phone, has everything I need and there's still nothing out there that makes we want to ditch it.

I've dropped it a few times - the front fascia got a bit scuffed over time and I broke a couple of clips on the battery cover but I've replaced these with parts from blueunplugged.com - it looks better than the day I bought it.

Advertisement