Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The East Coast

Options
  • 04-05-2009 8:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭

Travelling from Cairns to Sydney for seven weeks in July. Would love advice of every place I need to see along the way and also the rough amount of time you would recommened for each place inside my time budget. Really interested in where the most banter and partying will be! Cheers for any advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭paulg1770

jack90210 wrote: »
    Travelling from Cairns to Sydney for seven weeks in July. Would love advice of every place I need to see along the way and also the rough amount of time you would recommened for each place inside my time budget. Really interested in where the most banter and partying will be! Cheers for any advice.
    Of all the places i went on the east coast i would say these are a must see Frasier island, whitsunday islands, airlee beach,magnetic island, 1770, noosa, Surfers paradise and byron bay. 3-4 days was enough in each for me. Frasier and airlee was the best partying athmosphere closely followed by byron bay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Flairpinnedme

coffs harbour on the mid north coast of NSW

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

paulg1770 wrote:
    Of all the places i went on the east coast i would say these are a must see Frasier island, whitsunday islands, airlee beach,magnetic island, 1770, noosa, Surfers paradise and byron bay. 3-4 days was enough in each for me. Frasier and airlee was the best partying athmosphere closely followed by byron bay
    Yea that's spot on, apart from maybe Magnetic Island which was a bit quiet, but you can get a good deal on accomodation. I would do a week at least in Airlie Beach, it's the best place on the coast. Also reccommend the white water rafting near Mission Beach. Don't bother going to Nimbin, it's a sh*thole. You will need a lot of cash for 7 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

DS wrote: »
    Yea that's spot on, apart from maybe Magnetic Island which was a bit quiet, but you can get a good deal on accomodation. I would do a week at least in Airlie Beach, it's the best place on the coast. Also reccommend the white water rafting near Mission Beach. Don't bother going to Nimbin, it's a sh*thole. You will need a lot of cash for 7 weeks.

i quite liked nimbin , sampling some of the local delicasies , and just chilling out for a few days , everybody to their own i suppose.

definately sail the whitsunday islands and also do fraser island , i think mission beach is the cheapest on the east coast to do a skydive if that is your kinda thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

Ok I might be a bit biased about Nimbin. We drove all day to get there and back, spent an hour there being harrassed by an assortment of raving lunatics and ended up getting ripped off - arrived back in Brisbane with $300 worth of paper. It is a sh*thole though, regardless.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭somebaldyfela

All places mentioned are worth spending four or five nights in,dont forget brisbane as well,just avoid rockhampton like the plague,it really is a kip.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,355 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Cairns
    Mission Beach(Magnetic Island)
    Townsville
    Airlie Beach (Whitsundays/Reef Diving)
    Hervey Bay/Rainbow Beach (Fraser Island from here)
    Noosa (Spend a night or two in the bush from here)
    Brisbane
    Surfers Paradise (Gold Coast)
    Byron Bay
    Ninbin (Day trip from Byron)
    From Byron do a surf trip to Sydney, takes 4-7 days, you see Coffs Harbour, Seal rocks etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭jack90210

Some awesome advice here guys. Thanks a mill.

Advertisement