Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I find a specific screw?

Options
  • 04-05-2009 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

I dropped a screw when fiddling with engine of motor and can no longer find it.

What I would like to know is where in Dublin can I walk into a store with a screw and easily find one exactly like it.

I would not imagine Atlantic Homecare or somewhere like this would have most screws in stock.(could be wrong)

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭cork1

id say look in the phonebook under auto parts

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Baraboo

Who made the motor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 taichi

it's basically the screw for a motorbike battery. I don't think I'll need to ring any autoparts place, although thanks for the response.

I remember when younger being able to walk into the local diy store with a screw and being able to buy whatever amount of them you needed.

I don't know where in Dublin is handy for this, if anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

taichi wrote: »
    it's basically the screw for a motorbike battery. I don't think I'll need to ring any autoparts place, although thanks for the response.

I remember when younger being able to walk into the local diy store with a screw and being able to buy whatever amount of them you needed.

I don't know where in Dublin is handy for this, if anywhere.

There is a guy up near the KCR who is a bit like that. It is on the right hand side when you head from the KCR down to Sundrive. Big HARDWARE sign above the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Nut and bolt company in ballymount ind est. take the second entrance if coming from walkinstown and are first on right in that buisness park,
    They have a min charge but you will get what youre after

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 taichi

johnfás wrote: »
    There is a guy up near the KCR who is a bit like that. It is on the right hand side when you head from the KCR down to Sundrive. Big HARDWARE sign above the shop.

Cheers. Will try this guy out.

Thanks for replies folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

Where can I find a specific screw?

have you tried lesson street after dark?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

If the screw is for the battery terminal any place that fixes bikes or sell bike parts should have them,their generic,most batteries are the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

joeclif wrote: »
    Nut and bolt company in ballymount ind est. take the second entrance if coming from walkinstown and are first on right in that buisness park,
    They have a min charge but you will get what youre after

+1 to these guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

dolittle wrote: »
    have you tried lesson street after dark?

I presume you mean Leeson Street :rolleyes::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭hop2it

dh0661 wrote: »
    I presume you mean Leeson Street :rolleyes::confused:

no he is looking for a lesson

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

hop2it wrote: »
    no he is looking for a lesson

Now that I've looked back at his boards name "dolittle" - you might be right.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

yeah i did mean leeson street
    dam it janet
    i`ll have to head to sesame street

Advertisement