Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EyePoker Filters

Options
  • 04-05-2009 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

Time to readjust my eyepoker filters I think..

Lately it's been finding less and less fish with my current filters..

What do you guys have it set to?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭The Snapper

Macspower wrote: »
    Time to readjust my eyepoker filters I think..

Lately it's been finding less and less fish with my current filters..

What do you guys have it set to?

vpip_ 25-100
    pfr_ 12-20

also 50 + BB's

I usually look for tables with two loose players, start your odwn table is good too ( tip from IanMc )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Macspower

yeah think i will lower my vpip.. it's set to 35+ and used to get a page of them.. now only getting about 5..

as regards starting tables how much do you sit down with? I find when I sit with a full stack I'm on my own for a long time but if I sit with an uneven number like 123.76 I get players

• Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭shano_88

link to eyepoker, cant seem to find it through google........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭FeetMagic

I find when I sit with a full stack I'm on my own for a long time but if I sit with an uneven number like 123.76 I get players

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

shano_88 wrote: »
    link to eyepoker, cant seem to find it through google........

http://www.spadeit.com/eindex.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

I don't understand why you'd use the filters. Don't you want a look at all the players sitting at any given table?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

I don't understand why you'd use the filters. Don't you want a look at all the players sitting at any given table?

I haven't used eyepoker yet but that was exactly what I thought.

Don't you want as much info on every player as possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

I am just using HM table scanner now.
    It's much better.

I think you are misunderstanding the Question..

when datamining eyepoker collects data on all players however when you use the table selection tool you want it to filter for certain players..

ATM mine is set to look for players with over 35% VPIP and with at least 50bbs

I will prop drop this to 30% or 25 like snapper

cooker3 wrote: »
    It's much better.

havn't tried it yet...

EDIT: actually cant seem to find it? what version do you have?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

NickyOD wrote: »
    I haven't used eyepoker yet but that was exactly what I thought.

Don't you want as much info on every player as possible?

Honestly, I think people just want to find fish and in so doing miss the bigger picture. It's short-termist, or at least short-cuttist.

In fact, only looking for fish without considering the other players is a pretty perfect example of a non-holisitc approach to poker so often warned against by gurus of the game. I'm sure Tommy Angelo would not approve.
    cooker3 wrote: »
    It's much better.

"Much better"? How so? I looked at it and think the significantly smaller screen to Eyepoker is a very big minus, as is the inability to datamine. I'm not sure the sexier colours and sleeker look make it anthing more than comparable to EP to be honest.

yeah think i will lower my vpip.. it's set to 35+ and used to get a page of them.. now only getting about 5..

as regards starting tables how much do you sit down with? I find when I sit with a full stack I'm on my own for a long time but if I sit with an uneven number like 123.76 I get players

For 50nl I sit with $22 seems to work :)

Honestly, I think people just want to find fish and in so doing miss the bigger picture. It's short-termist, or at least short-cuttist.

In fact, only looking for fish without considering the other players is a pretty perfect example of a non-holisitc approach to poker so often warned against by gurus of the game. I'm sure Tommy Angelo would not approve.

Not really sure what your point is here?

Ideal scenario for me is ( 6 max ) two players high vpip low pfr and the rest standard tag / nit, best to have position also but that's difficult to control.

Are you suggesting we seek out the tougher guy's and not play with the fish?

"Much better"? How so? I looked at it and think the significantly smaller screen to Eyepoker is a very big minus, as is the inability to datamine. I'm not sure the sexier colours and sleeker look make it anthing more than comparable to EP to be honest.

Well I think the size of it is fine but you can change it around if you like. It can't datamine which is I would use Eyepoker for now but the thread was about filters and on that point it's better imo. There are more options to look up such as sorting by the Max VPIP on the table and also you can use it across multiple sites which is something that is becoming more and more important as opposed to having a bunch of different spade-eye based tools. Yes, it does look a bit better which can never be a bad thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭dK1NG

havn't tried it yet...

EDIT: actually cant seem to find it? what version do you have?

I upgraded to v.1.07 and cant seem to find it. Anyone point out where it is?

:o

thumb_Specsavers2-UK.jpg

dK1NG wrote: »
    I upgraded to v.1.07 and cant seem to find it. Anyone point out where it is?

:o

I also have same version but cant find it

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cokedrinker

It is in the 1.8 beta... Go to the HM forums (New Releases subforum)... I think the hm table selector is created by the the guy that developed eyepoker - its almost identical

• Closed Accounts Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Aedh Baclamh

Guys, I usually leave my laptop on during the day datamining but when I come home I notice quite often that I've been disconnected so I miss out on a load of hands:(

Any way to combat this?

Don't use eircom?

Sorry I meant disconnected from VC...

• Advertisement

Anyone? It's happening the whole time now.

I have the option 'try to reconnect' on Eyepoker selected, although I haven't bought Eyepoker, just using the trial version.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

How do you lot ever cope in a live game?

Seriously. The players wont have stats over their heads :p

Also, most of those programs are crap, players can improve quickly, so the 'fish' you think you're chasing could surprise your ass, seems to me you lot are the fishies, looking for specific types of table.

Bingo much?

Also, most of those programs are crap, players can improve quickly, so the 'fish' you think you're chasing could surprise your ass, seems to me you lot are the fishies, looking for specific types of table.

Bingo much?

Doesn't really help with my question, does it?

I never go out looking for fishes or anything like that. These programs are extremely useful in my opinion. There's countless times I've faced a continuation bet from someone and I've used their stats to help me in my decision making. Same goes for 3betting, folding to blind steals, attempting to nick my blinds...it's not just about looking for fish, there's money to be made elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Bingo much?

Lol lose much?

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

If you can't spot the fish after 5 mins of sitting at the table it must be you :D

Advertisement