Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atkins

• 04-05-2009 9:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭

Hi all,

Have wedding coming up in few weeks and wanted to lose bit of weight for it. Started Atkins 3 and half weeks ago. First two weeks went well i had 6lb off. But not a pound since. Im still doing the induction so im eating exactly what i ate the first two weeks. I also do an hours walking every day. My mother did it for 6 months and lost 3 stone. I dont know what im doing wrong as i am doing things exactly by the book. has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you get around it. Ps i prob only have a stone to lose to be at my healthy bmi.

any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Can you post (or pm me) what you are eating?

One principle of Atkins is that you eat when you are hungry, but when you are not hungry, or stop being hungry, you don't eat. It's very easy to just eat because it's time to eat, but one of the big advantages of a ketogenic diet like Atkins is that it reduces hunger enough that you can cut calories without feeling like you are starving. If you continue to eat when not hungry, you lose that advantage.

Advertisement