Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A question for Buddhists

• 04-05-2009 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Otaku Girl

What can Buddhism offer me?

Comments

What are you looking for?
    If you want some reading material, I suggest the book "what the buddha taught" by Walpola Rahula.
    Beyond that, do your own homework ;) Of course we're all happy to answer more specific questions on it once you've done some reading on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

Supreme blissful enlightenment!

I love it.
    AD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

What can you offer Buddhism? :D

Have a look at the "Suggested Reading" thread in this forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

As the above have said, do some reading from the links. One of the things I loved about Buddhism was the 'question it, read about it, don't take anything on blind faith' aspect...

'Anything that goes against common sense or past experience should be abandoned'.

Once you read a bit come back with more specific questions maybe? There are many types / schools from Zen to very Western... You'll find something, perhaps, that meshes with your own thoughts/beliefs. I'm very 'non supernatural' and have found many things that suit that...

In terms of what it offers, I guess you get what you pay in. Regular practice and some changes to lifestyle have made a massive difference to my peace of mind, and general happiness, but it is NO QUICK FIX to anything and should be treated as such!

Good luck, hope to see you back with more!
    R

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Otaku Girl

Thanks,I had a chat with Blue wolf and he/she provided me with some great links.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Happy reading. Please let us know if you have any questions. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭DIRTY69

Buddism can offer you: a path to find your true self.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Mervatron

An unblocked view of the world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭bou

This moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 marabhfuil

Nothing that you havent the capacity to give to another

• Advertisement
Advertisement