Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Inbuilt Stoves

• 04-05-2009 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi all

took some time but i have finally found a supplier of Inbuilt stoves with an external air feed (so it does not mess with the HRV system) and also a back boiler (to help along my underfloor heating)

the stove i was looking at gives out 22 (KVA) (cant remember if this is the right unit of measure, if not please excuse my ignorance) 15 to the water and 7 heat to the room. Cost €2400

anyone want the details just pm me and ill send them on. If anyone knows of any more suppliers that sells units like these please let me know.

must have a totally sealed unit with an external air feed (from outside building) and also a back boiler to heat water. Found plenty of suppliere for either/or but took ages to find one that had both.

Best of luck with your builds people and thanks for the informative posts.

WX

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Thanks for the legwork Wexfordbuild!
    Add me to your pm list for the info - would be interested in looking at this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Chimpster

Can you send me details on that stove please.

Thanks.

Chimp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭manufan16

can you also pm me the links thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Lightning McQue

Could you pm the names of the cos please.

Thanks.

Lightning

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭jonnyj

Can you pm me too please,
    Thanks, J

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Hook me up!

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭fitzie79

hi wexford build - can you pm me the details too?

i am looking at a stove with an external air feed as well (but not necessarily a built in one). do you have any details on what is needed to connect to the external air feed - ie what kind of piping etc is necessary?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 foxdan

Can you also send me details of that stove
    Thanks ... D

• Registered Users Posts: 48 rosnacanee

Hi wexfordbuilt if possible could you Pm me the details aswell. Thanks saving me alot of work!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Would appreviate Pm with details.

Might suit air tight house with air exchange unit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭d o'c

Pm me details also, please

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

PM Me too. Thanks very much

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭spillcoe

Can I get a pm on this as well please? Nice one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

Can you pm me this as well please? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Msmaloney26

Hi Wexfordbuild,
    May I get the details please.
    Quick question, I am also fitting HRV system along with UFH on both floors of my build, are you running an Oil fired system for domestic heating/UFH? I am also going to supplement Oil heating with back boiler off room sealed stoves or is this too complicated? I also plan to have 3-4 plate solar panels for Domestic hot water supply.Just wondering what sort of feedback/info you have recieved.
    Would appreciate anything you have heard.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19 wexfordbuild

Hi there, sounds more or less exactly what im doing, im linking in the solar panels to the underfloor heating also. another thing im doing is around the flu going up from this stove im puting another much bigger flu which will have air fed from the room, up around the outside of the flu from the stove and out just above ceiling level into the HRV system and this heat then gets transfered into the clean incoming air.

Only thing ive picked up on is that if you have a pressurised plumbing system and are feeding it also from the stove you need to have a sharp enough plumber to get it working right (pressure relief valves etc(hey im not a plumber but there is some kinda knack to it))

hope this is of help

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Msmaloney26

Thanks Wexford,

Appreciate that. The feedback I am getting is that for a oil/solar/stove heating system, plumber workmanship must be of the highest quality standard with valve systems etc etc. Getting a capable person for this will be key.

You mentioned solar for UFH---- I looked at this along with a heat exchanger system from the oil. Must investigate UFH with solar further and its functionality.
    Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Mixupat

Hi. Could you PM me also. Thank you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭JuniorB

Hi WexfordBuild
    Sounds like we are going for very similar systems ... oil/UFH/solar/stove/HRV

Can you PM me the stove and all other suppliers also and general ball park prices if not too much hassle?;)

Thanks a mill ... and best of luck with the build.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭murphyep

Hi WexfordBuild,
    Can you PM me details also please!

Thanks again,
    Eddie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jmvdb

Hi Wexfordbuild, can you please PM me the details of the stove you're looking at please and ball-park prices would be appreciated.
    We're thinking of very similar setup: UFH on both floors, HRV, airtightness, modern-looking stove/fireplace, oil or geothermal heating system.

Thanks a mil !
    Marc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Thanks Wexford,

Appreciate that. The feedback I am getting is that for a oil/solar/stove heating system, plumber workmanship must be of the highest quality standard with valve systems etc etc. Getting a capable person for this will be key.

You mentioned solar for UFH---- I looked at this along with a heat exchanger system from the oil. Must investigate UFH with solar further and its functionality.
    Thanks for your help.

Folks, on a related side topic, I'm led to believe that if you have solar for DHW, Oil fired and stove with back boiler, then you need a triple coil cylinder.
    I'm worried about the quality of my plumber, as he quoted for a dual coil cylinder (with 35mm insulation only - needs to be 50mm as per regs).
    Further worry is that he never included a heat dump on the solar.
    Further worry is that he installed the solar tubes on the roof last year (but I'm still a while away from being ready to commission the system. This means copper joints and armaflex insulation at the manifold are being damaged by the heat gains that are not being transfered away.

Getting capable people to look after the installation of these complex systems is very difficult. Just because your plumber is SEI approved, does not mean he has clue how to do things properly.
    I feel I have a world of pain coming on over this....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Quack13

Can you stick me on this PM list too..thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

me too, something to add to my list

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭fuchia

Hi Wexfordbuild. Can you PM me also.

I am looking for almost the exact same thing except I need a traditional looking double sided stove with external ventilation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 rmc_2000

Can you stick me on this PM list too..thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 OllieMc

Hi,

Can you send me on details and information on the system you are putting in. I have been wondering for ages what heating I am going to put in and this sounds very much like what I was finally thinking. I wasnt sure if it could be done.

Thanks

Hi, I have been looking for a stove like this but I am coming up empty. If some one could PM with the details of the supplier that would be great:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Saw

Hi, I have been looking for a variation on the option of stove in new build, have been to a few shops and most of the inbuilt options don't have back boilers so I am really interested in the stove that you have talked about Wexfordbuild, could you pm me the details? I realise you have been asked lost and lots but would really appreciate it.
    Thanks
    Saw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭MacTheKnife1

Wexforbuild, please PM me the supplier. Or better still why not state who the supplier is here???

I have looked at a supplier called Fondis - they supply room sealed stoves with external air intake.

Mac

• Registered Users Posts: 19 wexfordbuild

hi all, the place that stove is available is airflowstoves.ie
    i delt with a guy called kieran brennan there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭JuniorB

thanks Wexford. website looks good anyway which is always a good start:)

thanks Wexford

Advertisement