Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which is at fault - my camera or the lab?

• 04-05-2009 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

First time posting here!
    The last two rolls of film (two different brands of film) I got developed turned out really badly. The're really dull, like there's no colour in them. The negs seem underexposed. I took the photos on a Canon EOS, which I regularly use and always gives good results. I mostly use the automatic setting.
    The lab said it was my camera that is at fault but I'm not convinced. As far as I know this lab is mostly doing digital printing these days, not as much developing of film as they used too.
    Can anyone shed any light on this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

unless you know for certain that you exposed properly - then you cant blame the lab.

it is more than likely the labs fault - but it could also be the metering system in your camera, your settings at the time (I know you said you normally go auto) ..... 2 rolls is probably the labs fault - but you cant really prove it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Any chance we could have a look at'em?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

Just bring it to another lab next time, see if they're good or bad.

Then you know the problem -.-

• Registered Users Posts: 46 dhidra

thanks for the quick replies!
    Have a new laptop and haven't hooked up the scanner to it yet but will try and get a few up. How do I post photos here?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 dhidra

PCPhoto wrote: »
    it could also be the metering system in your camera,

Never thought of that, but it does make sense. How would I find out if there was something wrong with the metering; and can it be fixed?

• Advertisement
Advertisement