Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Coleman in Ballyfermot

14567810»

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

My problem with the part about seeing the devil is that people who have apparitions of the devil or the Virgin Mary are religious people. Those who arent religious but see stuff would automatically ascribe it to aliens or something else. So what you see depends on your own mental conditioning, which to me leaves the whole thing as a subjective experience. I'm not saying the guy had nothing happen, but to say definitively that it was 'the devil' is wrong. Thats just his opinion. If he was brought up within a different religious background he would have called it something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jimm55

Oryx wrote: »
    My problem with the part about seeing the devil is that people who have apparitions of the devil or the Virgin Mary are religious people. Those who arent religious but see stuff would automatically ascribe it to aliens or something else. So what you see depends on your own mental conditioning, which to me leaves the whole thing as a subjective experience. I'm not saying the guy had nothing happen, but to say definitively that it was 'the devil' is wrong. Thats just his opinion. If he was brought up within a different religious background he would have called it something else.
    What else ? I DONT think that there is anything wrong with calling what ever attacked Joe, the devil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,999 ✭✭✭furiousox

the-john-candy-collection-box-set-5-discs-dvd.jpg

CPL 593H

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

What else ?
    It might help if you read the following articles to understand that many religions do not have a concept of the devil in the same way as christians do. So clearly they would understand such an 'attack' as something other than the devil.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demon
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

jimm55 wrote: »
    What proof have you that the devil did NOT attack him ?

I spoke with the devil last night and he said he's never heard of Joe Coleman. I'm deadly serious.

• Advertisement
Advertisement