Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Darts Forum Day Out - June 13th Bray Fishing Club

• 04-05-2009 10:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to organise a tournament between Boards members and local players in Bray. With leagues coming to a close soon and also the football season nearly over it would be a great time to organise something like this. Any different suggestions or anybody interested please let me know!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Yeah sounds good to me, count me in if you can get it going rat.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭S.T.D Ste

I'm there mate come on the boards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

you know you can count me in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

I'm gonna try get the Sat 13th or Sun 14th June down the Bray Fishing Club. I was planning for the first week in June but I'll now be away.

Watch this space!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

I shall attend

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Sounds good to me.

I'm there

Cheers lads, I'm looking to get at least 8 people from Boards. I'll try and get a poster up on the club notice board as well. I'll get the ball rolling and hopefully we will have a cracking day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭davb

Ill try to make it down

Its a great set up in the fisher man's cheap drink and not too far from the the koo

• Advertisement

S.T.D Ste wrote: »
    Its a great set up in the fisher man's cheap drink and not too far from the the koo

+1

Hope it's a great day like today, I should be out playing golf (well trying to:D) now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Bloody Dublin! er Bray ;)

Bloody Dublin! er Bray ;)

LOL!!:D:D

Wicklow!;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Daffy501

Would definitly be up for that sounds great. Would need some info on a b+b cos will have to drive and methinks i mite need a pint :D:D:D:D

Daffy501 wrote: »
    Would definitly be up for that sounds great. Would need some info on a b+b cos will have to drive and methinks i mite need a pint :D:D:D:D

I'll be able to sort something out Daffy!:D

More good news the pints are cheap!;)

Now that is good news lol cheers rat

Daffy501 wrote: »

There are many B&B's in Bray, but I only found 2 online. I'll have a look at the local directory tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

ratinakeg wrote: »
    There are many B&B's in Bray, but I only found 2 online. I'll have a look at the local directory tomorrow.

if there are some recession ones i may partake of alcohol meself

just keep the lucozade on tap and i'm there:D:D:D. i will show everyone who the big dog on boards is :P:P:P

Double Top wrote: »
    just keep the lucozade on tap and i'm there:D:D:D. i will show everyone who the big dog on boards is :P:P:P

:D

Who, me?!;):D

• Advertisement

if there are some recession ones i may partake of alcohol meself

I'll check out prices tomorrow mate, all for the sake of drink & darts!:cool:

By the look of it rats we'll have a strong team are you planning a match against the bray head fisher monday night league team with joe fagan and all the murphy's

By the look of it rats we'll have a strong team are you planning a match against the bray head fisher monday night league team with joe fagan and all the murphy's

Yeah I'll try that Ste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

I might come depending on the date

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Depending on whether or not the Chicago Blackhawks make it to the Finals or not, I may be available for this day out.

Bray is one Dart line away !!

Depending on whether or not the Chicago Blackhawks make it to the Finals or not, I may be available for this day out.

Bray is one Dart line away !!

The more the merrier, should be a good laugh!

Also dionsiseire I'll let you know the confirmed date way before it happens!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

I may be on for this also........i wont play but I'll mark the board for yis.

Have not forgot about this, I'll know tomorrow!:D

I'm thinking of Boards vs Fishing Club, then €5 or €10 a man tournament.

Any better suggestions?

No rats that seems the ideal thing to do tell you what since you'll be the captain i'll throw my hat forward to be your vice captain i know all the lads from bray so know who plays where basically and i was captain for three years of a monday night team come on the boards

• Advertisement

No rats that seems the ideal thing to do tell you what since you'll be the captain i'll throw my hat forward to be your vice captain i know all the lads from bray so know who plays where basically and i was captain for three years of a monday night team come on the boards

You can be Captain if you want. I don't mind, I'll be in charge of my drinking and I'm happy enough with that!;):D

What you gonna do if loads of people show up :D

What you gonna do if loads of people show up :D

Ah I'd prefer if loads of people turned up than just a few, we'll sort something out!:D

COME ON YOU BOOAARRDDDDSSSSS !!!!!!

Right lads, I've got it 95% organised for Saturday 13th of June in the Bray Head Fishing Club, it should start between 2-3pm. Please post up to confirm you can make it, it should be a cracking afternoon of darts.:D

I talked to one of the lads who plays for the club and he agreed that we should have a Boards v Fishing Club match followed by a singles comp (maybe €5 or €10 a head)and maybe a few games of shanghai but that's not confirmed yet. Can't wait for it meself!:D

For those who live quite far away, please PM me and I'll try to arrange accomadation.

Cheers Lads.

Right i'll have to confirm a little close to the time, purportedly im meant to be going on a 7 day holiday on june 6th, but nothing is confirmed yet

if im in the country i'll head along purely for the craic and to meet some of the heads we have craic with

• Advertisement

I'll be there, would be rude for the mod not to show up!

Cheers rat.

Cheers lads!:)

If you have posted to say you can or might be able to attend please post up again. I'd like to get a list going of those definite and maybes. But don't panic as I won't make a final list up until a few days before the tourney.

Thanks all!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭greened

Sounds like a great day of darts. Love to go but a bit far away for me (100 miles or so). No if I could pack the wife and kids of somewhere that 100 miles would seem very short!!

Enjoy

greened wrote: »
    Sounds like a great day of darts. Love to go but a bit far away for me (100 miles or so). No if I could pack the wife and kids of somewhere that 100 miles would seem very short!!

Enjoy

LOL!:D:D

Cheers mate!:)

you know you can count me in, confirmed, any chance i get to play darts against good player is a good day

• Advertisement

Double Top wrote: »
    you know you can count me in, confirmed, any chance i get to play darts against good player is a good day

Might throw you in against the captain, he's a good player!

You might get me in the singles tourney!;):D:D

KingP could you please change the title so everyone could see clearly when it's going on! I'd like to get as many people as possible for what should be a great day of darts. I've received a few PM's so it's going alright at this stage!:)

Cheers mate,

Paul.

Checking with the warden as I type.

I haven't thrown since January, but I wouldn't mind getting out for the day.

I'll be there rats

You might want to put up a Google Map to show everyone (particularly myself) on how to find it from the dart station.

You might want to put up a Google Map to show everyone (particularly myself) on how to find it from the dart station.

No problem Rented!:)

http://maps.google.com/maps/mm?hl=en

Please click on my saved places, hope it works!

Also cheers Ste.

ratinakeg wrote: »
    No problem Rented!:)

http://maps.google.com/maps/mm?hl=en

Please click on my saved places, hope it works!

Better try it again lol

Cheers KingP!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement