Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Darts Forum Day Out - June 13th Bray Fishing Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

if i play like i played in the semi the rest of the week i might not go. I wudnt want to embarass myself.

Have we decided on a kickoff time for the event? Dont wanna end it up too late or anything. Also u need to decide on format for the tournament

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

if i play like i played in the semi the rest of the week i might not go. I wudnt want to embarass myself.

Have we decided on a kickoff time for the event? Dont wanna end it up too late or anything. Also u need to decide on format for the tournament

As you said before it's just for the crack! I'll be lucky to win a match as I think my nerves will get to me playing infront of loads of people. We'll get a time sorted but I'd say about 3pm would suit everybody.

Ah i know its only for the craic, i just was getting so frustrated yesterday, inconsistency is very annoying

i still hope to be there

3pm should be grand

how many boards you gonna have up?

Ah i know its only for the craic, i just was getting so frustrated yesterday, inconsistency is very annoying

i still hope to be there

3pm should be grand

how many boards you gonna have up?

I think they have two boards, I'll pop down tonight just to see what the story is!

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭S.T.D Ste

Sorry rats got a Bit of bad news today so won't be able to make it saturday i've to try and keep my days free going mad but if things change i'll let you know

S.T.D Ste wrote: »
    Sorry rats got a Bit of bad news today so won't be able to make it saturday i've to try and keep my days free going mad but if things change i'll let you know

These things happen Ste, hopefully things change. Cheers for telling me mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

ratinakeg wrote: »
    As you said before it's just for the crack! I'll be lucky to win a match as I think my nerves will get to me playing infront of loads of people. We'll get a time sorted but I'd say about 3pm would suit everybody.

You need to say that we are going to start at 3:00pm or else people will start wandering in sometime after 3:00pm.

Do they have food for sale at the Fishing Club (other than bait ) ?? lol

You need to say that we are going to start at 3:00pm or else people will start wandering in sometime after 3:00pm.

Do they have food for sale at the Fishing Club (other than bait ) ?? lol

LOL!:D There is a chippers next door which you can eat the food in the Fishing Club

We'll make it 3pm then eventhough I'll probably go down earlier to get in some practise!;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭wayne76

S.T.D Ste wrote: »
    does that mean you will miss our match tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭S.T.D Ste

Might do wayne

• Advertisement

Sorted lads!:D

3pm start on Saturday!

Can't wait now!

Should be a brilliant day out!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭I.C.U

hello lads just talking to MR.JINGLE and he will be up with me on saterday.
    looking forward to it need a few games before last game for league on monday COME ON THE LOUGH.A. AND THE BOARDS..:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭jlx

just to let people know that the club doesnt open until about 2.30 on saturday so no point in being to early

jlx wrote: »
    just to let people know that the club doesnt open until about 2.30 on saturday so no point in being to early

Cheers jlx! I was told it opens at 2pm but I'll head down about 2.30 just to get some badly needed practise in!

Would you be able to bring a lot of shafts and flights down on Saturday as I for one need some pear shaped flights JLX?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭on the board

Rats any chance I could tag along sounds good and I'm not working that day. Mick cummins

Rats any chance I could tag along sounds good and I'm not working that day. Mick cummins

Don't see why not mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭on the board

Ah good stuff see you then.

Alrighty then ......

So what are we going to do on the day ?

What is the format of the days activites going to be ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭jlx

Would you be able to bring a lot of shafts and flights down on Saturday as I for one need some pear shaped flights JLX?

no problem

Alrighty then ......

So what are we going to do on the day ?

What is the format of the days activites going to be ??

I was thinking maybe two knock-out tournaments and a game of Shanghai in between. Also drinking will probably take place;):D I want to get the Boards final in as well. Any better suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Also can someone help me on the day with the draw and stuff like that as I want to concentrate on my darts and my drink?;):p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

I was thinking maybe two knock-out tournaments and a game of Shanghai in between. Also drinking will probably take place;):D I want to get the Boards final in as well. Any better suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Also can someone help me on the day with the draw and stuff like that as I want to concentrate on my darts and my drink?;):p
    Why not have a singles and a doubles comp thats if you get an even number for doubles draw the names out so you dont know who your partner is till the draw have the singles best of 5 501 doubles best of 3 701 just an idea anyone else got any

paulcorr wrote: »
    Why not have a singles and a doubles comp thats if you get an even number for doubles draw the names out so you dont know who your partner is till the draw have the singles best of 5 501 doubles best of 3 701 just an idea anyone else got any

Great idea mate! That's better than my idea!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

i'll give you a hand mate, i don't drink so i will be able to concentrate much longer then most on the night:D:D:D:D

Double Top wrote: »
    i'll give you a hand mate, i don't drink so i will be able to concentrate much longer then most on the night:D:D:D:D

Cheers D.T, now I can relax a bit as I'm not used to playing infront of so many players!:D:D

Thanks again mate!:D

• Advertisement

Double Top wrote: »
    I dont drink either after a couple of hours id say me and you will be babysitting some of them ha ha

I dont drink either after a couple of hours id say me and you will be babysitting some of them ha ha

LOL!:D:D Hopefully I'll be sober enough!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 bazm

IM SURE JJ WILL HAVE HIS TUKE SHOP OPEN FOR SATURDAY LADS FLIGHTS STEAMS REPOINTING ECT
    P.S I WANT MY CUT JJ

bazm wrote: »
    IM SURE JJ WILL HAVE HIS TUKE SHOP OPEN FOR SATURDAY LADS FLIGHTS STEAMS REPOINTING ECT
    P.S I WANT MY CUT JJ

That's grand, I need some flights anyway! I might actually get my darts repointed. Are you going on Saturday Baz?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 bazm

YEAH WORKING TILL SIX DROP DOWN FOR AN HOUR OR SO BEFORE I BRING HER SELF OUT SHOULD BE A GOOD DAY

• Advertisement

bazm wrote: »
    YEAH WORKING TILL SIX DROP DOWN FOR AN HOUR OR SO BEFORE I BRING HER SELF OUT SHOULD BE A GOOD DAY

I'll see you there after I get knocked out early from the tournament!;):D

nice to hear there's a couple more non drinking darters out there

awesome

nice to hear there's a couple more non drinking darters out there

0_0_0_0_250_158_csupload_4644791.jpg

Sex Deer Darts?

Never been a fail of Veil

Anyone looking for personalised darts, stems or flights on Saturday you are in luck, jlx is the man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭davb

Gonna give my new darts a competitive debut on Saturday, still gettin used to them so they mightn't get much action but looking forward to it anyway

Rat, I have some tournament bracket sheets I can send to you if you want

davb wrote: »
    Gonna give my new darts a competitive debut on Saturday, still gettin used to them so they mightn't get much action but looking forward to it anyway

Rat, I have some tournament bracket sheets I can send to you if you want

Brilliant stuff Davb!:D

Unfortunately I've no printer for my laptop so if you could bring the bracket sheets with you that would be great, cheers mate!:)

This would be a great chance to exchange your spare darts or buy darts from other players without having to post to them.:)

This would be a great chance to exchange your spare darts or buy darts from other players without having to post to them.:)

great idea mate:D:D

just back from a top secret underground unspoken of practice session for saturday with iseethelight and daffy501.

Absolutely great craic with the lads. Great marker for saturday. Loved the showoff finish that went slightly longer than expected. No 180 even with the pint offer to first hitter. I bottled 3 chances pulling the last dart. Daffy probably missed more.

For a last ditch pub the man o war was actually perfect.

Cheers for the games lads

• Advertisement

just back from a top secret underground unspoken of practice session for saturday with iseethelight and daffy501.

Absolutely great craic with the lads. Great marker for saturday. Loved the showoff finish that went slightly longer than expected. No 180 even with the pint offer to first hitter. I bottled 3 chances pulling the last dart. Daffy probably missed more.

hmmmm Daffy getting in some secret practice, that crafty duck:D:D:D:D:D

uve got a battle on your hands. When he hit his stride he was hard to catch

I'm jealous!:( That's terrible you should have told us lads!;):D Seriously though I hope it was a great night!:D

uve got a battle on your hands. When he hit his stride he was hard to catch

oh i know, i played him in the league, he's got the highest finish against me when i was sitting on tops, nerves of steel. have to say i likr the longer games better myself, say it will go to the wire

D.T we will have to get those sly northsiders!;):D We'll have to kick their arses on the oche!:D:D:D:D

Banned from friends list are Dionsiseire, Daffy501 and iseethelight!;):P

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Daffy501

only just in the door myself from the top secret practice session :D
    really enjoyed the craic and the darts went well

Roll on Saturday !!

D.T we will have to get those sly northsiders!;):D We'll have to kick their arses on the oche!:D:D:D:D
    Are they in a secret training camp on the northside have we southsiders got any spies out that way do you think there scared will they be able to find bray lol . I have been doing some warm weather training the past 2 weekes (IN COURTOWN)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Daffy501

Are they in a secret training camp on the northside have we southsiders got any spies out that way do you think there scared will they be able to find bray lol

Got me sat nav , no probs finding Bray :D

Its in Offaly aint it :rolleyes::D

• Advertisement

Daffy501 wrote: »
    Got me sat nav , no probs finding Bray :D

Its in Offaly aint it :rolleyes::D
    no ITS IN dublin ha ha ha

Advertisement