Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should we leave Cork to its own devices?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Fantastic idea. Should have done it decades ago.

31 counties ftw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

Smart Bug wrote: »
    We should supervise and study these Corkonians in order to see what nutrients their primitive brains may provide for the rest of us norms.

Why would you want nutrients from primitive brains,surely you should study what nutrients your superior brain can provide for the less cerebral.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

I don't mind cork people as long as I don't hear them.

There are two accents that go through me, the London cockney accent and the cork accent.

Just another quick point for cork people:

I checked the dictionary and there is no word "ye" in there. perhaps you mean "you" or "you all" ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

No. Shut up.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

Rebel021 wrote: »
    Why would you want nutrients from primitive brains,surely you should study what nutrients your superior brain can provide for the less cerebral.

Typically Irish that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

hobochris wrote: »
    I checked the dictionary and there is no word "ye" in there. perhaps you mean "you" or "you all" ???

I think somebody broke your dictionary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

hobochris wrote: »
    Ditto yiz/yis/yous.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

You know Cork folk and Dublin folk can talk s**t about each other as much as they want but deep down each knows that if the other one where to be wiped off the map tomorrow, they would miss the old enemy. Just like Tom and Gerry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I was going to give a sensible, rational reply as to why my home county of Cork should not be it's own country. However, that other Cork thread has thought me that every Cork person is a loud, ignorant, arrogant arsehole who pisses on other people's stuff when on holiday.

Therefore, my reply shall have to be:
    "Aw yeah biy, shur Cark is da real capital anyway like, shur every feen knows dat biy!
    Fuccin Dublin langers can feck off like, fuccin' scandalous city. And as for da rest of the fuccin' country, fuccin backwards culchies with sh!te GAA teams.
    Like y'know yerself dat Cark is fuccin SAVAGE. People's Republic of Cark for da motherfuccin' WIN!!1!!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Smart Bug

Rebel021 wrote: »

I'm not a giving tree, I'm a taking tree.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement