Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

using weights in workout

• 04-05-2009 11:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭

hi folks

im wondering how important it is, as i started back in the gym last week been there twice to do cardio,(10 mins on bike,20 mins on treadmill another 10 mins on bike and the 2nd time i was there did 5 min on crosstrainer as well as what i listed)

when i used to be in the gym a year ago i used to also bench press,do inclines and butterflys with the free weights and used the machine to bench press/work the shoulders.

im looking to improve fitnes and lose weight.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 949 ✭✭✭maxxie

a weight program will help speed up your metabolism so yee an all body workout 3 days a week along with the cardio should help improve your fitness and burn that excess.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 pappukanghi

For me weights worked more than gliding on a treadmill. Now I do cardio (in fact HIIT) in-between my weights sessions.

And also that brought my fat % from 26 to 18 with just loss of less than 3 kgs of weight (that means I put on muscle also).

Day 1: Weights
    Day 2: Weights
    Day 3: Cardio HIIT
    Day 4: Weights
    Day 5: Weights & cardio - 1 junk meal in evening (Pizza / Indian / McD's etc)
    Day 6: Just enjoyment with 1 junk meal - (Pizza / Indian / McD's etc) (Saturday)
    Day 7: Totally lazy - no junk food though (Sunday)

Also add exercises like dead-lifts, squats, pull-ups to your list instead of just working on disco-muscles. And instead of machines use free weights which will involve more muscles in work-out. I never use machines. All exercises I do use dumb-bells or free body weight, and yes I use bar-bell for bicep curls only.

Try and find what suits you best.

PK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

yeah im best lifting weights with the rest of the workout...even start off lightly and build up to more/different types

Advertisement