Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyne changing their CAO?

Options
  • 04-05-2009 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

So from tomorrow the Cao change of mind facility opens! Is anyone thinking of making any changes to their cao's?:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Yep, I wish there was a way of moving a courses position rather than deleting everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

hey, iv already done the L.C... BUT...im changing my course having dropped out.

how long does this change of mind facility stay open?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

creggy wrote: »
    Yep, I wish there was a way of moving a courses position rather than deleting everything!

You serious? Was going to change a few of my lower down courses but well wouldn't be arsed starting from scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Oh is that tomorrow? Cool, it's free isn't it?

I'm thinkin I might take RCSI off my CAO, I just don't think I'd be happy there. Might wait until after the LC though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Yes. Everything needs to be shifted around and I have 6 courses to put down...which will leave me with 11, so I'll have to pick one to get rid of.

It's free, and stays open until the 1st of July IIRC. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

oh didn't know it was tomorrow, have to pretty much change everything on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Gonna change the whole bloody thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I just did it there, got rid of a few courses I didn't really want. It look so empty now :o

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

hey, iv already done the L.C... BUT...im changing my course having dropped out.

how long does this change of mind facility stay open?

Its all here, http://www.cao.ie/index.php?page=aboutCOM ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Piste wrote: »
    Oh is that tomorrow? Cool, it's free isn't it?

I'm thinkin I might take RCSI off my CAO, I just don't think I'd be happy there. Might wait until after the LC though.

I don't think I'd like to go there either, but I would take it because I just REALLY want medicine.
    I've Galway ahead of it so there's a slim chance I'll end up there. Still...
    I don't want UCC either, so maybe I'm just being too fussy...

Piste, you don't have Galway or Cork down, am I right?
    That's a big risk! Seriously hope you get one of the others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

i think i kept one course the same on mine... my number 1, then added in a good few, took some off and generally moved them all around... mind you i'll probably do that about a hundred times between now and july!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Everything but my first choice is changed! I just had a 'screw you, parents/teachers/other' moment and filled it up with English-based courses.
    There are surprisingly few outside of TCD..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lou91

Got rid of about 6 that I just put down to make up the numbers.

I was reading something about the change of mind and it said only 40% used it. I was pretty shocked, I thought nearly everyone did it.

Got rid of about 6 that I just put down to make up the numbers.

I was reading something about the change of mind and it said only 40% used it. I was pretty shocked, I thought nearly everyone did it.
    Really? where did you read that? liike yourself i would have thought that nearly everyone would have some changing to do!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 woohooo

I think I'd love law... but I love French too. Im thinking Law and French would be tough though so maybe I'll do law and then take french as an elective.Then again would law be boring???... I want to enjoy college too!

My guidance counsellor is USELESS! He told me to be a midwife :eek:

The only question that remains is....
    WHERE??

I'm leaning towards Dublin... UCD or Trinity?? UCC is also an option though.

Ive been to the 3 colleges and they all have pros and cons.
    I have serious issues with making up my mind so I'd just love if a random stranger told me what to do!!!!
    I'm sure a lot of people are in this position... the joys of youth ayy?? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

Top 5 remain various Med courses, gonna shuffle the order depending on if I'd rather do a pre-med year or not. Other 5 are gonna change completely (Pharmacy = yeah, no, not so much, thanks), still considering my options.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

I changed mine aorund earlier. Left the first four in tact, and the ones below that were just thrown away. Replaced them with courses I found after it closed, but I have one space left that I want to fill just because it's empty at the end... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

I've got TP in Trinity first now. I also got some random letters from the CAO but I didn't really bother reading them yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

cautioner wrote: »
    Top 5 remain various Med courses, gonna shuffle the order depending on if I'd rather do a pre-med year or not. Other 5 are gonna change completely (Pharmacy = yeah, no, not so much, thanks), still considering my options.

I'm the same after the medicine option d00d.
    Pharmacy? Not Pharmacy?
    Radiation Therapy?
    Something something?

I was seriously considering Radiation Therapy last year, was offered it this year.But then I was talking to one... and the first thing she told me was...

We get to stick things inside women's va-jay-jays.

So not a cool introduction...

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭tufterween

Yeah... im changing my first choice of primary teaching to the second choice and putting nutritional dietetics down in first.... then i'm adding loads of stuff on at the bottom

• Advertisement

corporate law or arts in NUIG!! hmmm....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

woohooo wrote: »
    I think I'd love law... but I love French too. Im thinking Law and French would be tough though so maybe I'll do law and then take french as an elective.Then again would law be boring???... I want to enjoy college too!

UCD or Trinity?? UCC is also an option though.

I only know of 2 people who did law in UCC and both changed their course after completing 1 year. One changed to european studies and the other to speech therapy. That's completely random and unscientific but that's my tuppence.

What about NUI Maynooth ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

My guidance counsellor is USELESS! He told me to be a midwife :eek:

The only question that remains is....
    WHERE??

I'm leaning towards Dublin... UCD or Trinity?? UCC is also an option though.

Ive been to the 3 colleges and they all have pros and cons.
    I have serious issues with making up my mind so I'd just love if a random stranger told me what to do!!!!
    I'm sure a lot of people are in this position... the joys of youth ayy?? :p
    I'm between those three too. Leaning towards UCD at the moment...my guidance counselor told me to do history at UCC. I'm not even doing history for the LC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

creggy wrote: »
    You dont have to delete everything, just copy and paste across, takes like 4 seconds. Theres even buttons beside each to help copy and paste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 woohooo

Extrasupervery,
    I've been thinking about what to do all day (and for the last few months) and I still dont know. Im almost certain I want to go to Dublin. (Maynooth- meh)
    In Trinity they award an LL.B and in UCD they award a BCL. Whats the difference? Are you thinking about being a solicitor or barrister or something completely different? From what I've heard its difficult to get an apprenticeship if you don't know someone in the business.
    Hmm.. Im reading both the college websites at the moment and they both seem fantastic. Its just so hard to decide!! My friends all seem to know what they want to do whih makes me panic all the more!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Extrasupervery,
    I've been thinking about what to do all day (and for the last few months) and I still dont know. Im almost certain I want to go to Dublin. (Maynooth- meh)
    In Trinity they award an LL.B and in UCD they award a BCL. Whats the difference? Are you thinking about being a solicitor or barrister or something completely different? From what I've heard its difficult to get an apprenticeship if you don't know someone in the business.
    Hmm.. Im reading both the college websites at the moment and they both seem fantastic. Its just so hard to decide!! My friends all seem to know what they want to do whih makes me panic all the more!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    LL.B is a bachelor of law and BCL is a bachelor of civil law...which seem to be pretty much the same thing. I've considered law but I'm not even sure what degree I want to do yet, I couldn't find much difference between any of the degrees I'm interested in so I'm just gonna pick a college then a degree. Might sound like a round about way of doing things but at this stage I don't really care. I've been to UCD and Trinity and I like them both for different reasons...

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭dermo1990

Changed engineering in trinity to number 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Changed first choice to German & Italian in Trinity. Second is Applied Language in DCU. I think the DCU one I'd enjoy the most, but I don't really care which one I get. I just wanna do languages, and I put Trinity first cuz apparently it looks impressive to employers.

European Studies at Maynooth is third... I'm guessing German and Economics would be pretty handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭manutd4life

i've just left my cao the way it is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Des23

Just put Financial and Actuarial Mathematics first, after realizing I would make an awful Doctor, and that maths is way more fun than people! (also the points would probably be an issue!:D)

I've put a few other maths/engineering choices down but I have to put more thought into them

Advertisement