Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyne changing their CAO?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

OneArt wrote: »
    I put Trinity first cuz apparently it looks impressive to employers.
    Yeah, Ive heard same and like the courses there too, but tbh I just cant get a good feel for trinity, I duno what it is about the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I want to do law but I also want to do economics, French and English desperately! I'm going to put L&A Maynooth number 1 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

OneArt wrote: »
    I just wanna do languages, and I put Trinity first cuz apparently it looks impressive to employers.

What employers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

What employers?
    I duno to be honest, I just heard it somewhere.

Sounds like snobbery to me, but I duno, think its unintentional cos of what weve been told or whats been kinda put in our heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

K4t wrote: »
    I want to do law but I also want to do economics, French and English desperately! I'm going to put L&A Maynooth number 1 I think.
    for years i thought law was all i wanted to do! now there is no jobs to be had and i now love economics!! so its corp law in NUIG but at the same time i think i would nearly be happier doing arts!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Jammyc wrote: »
    I duno to be honest, I just heard it somewhere.

Sounds like snobbery to me, but I duno, think its unintentional cos of what weve been told or whats been kinda put in our heads.

Do you have your Cao in your CV or something?

I am thinking of alright! It's between Law, various business courses, Government, Arts (I would do Maths and Geography to be a secondary school teacher) and Health and Performance Science! So hard to arrange them!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

What employers?

The Queen of England, Duh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

Science in Trinity first. Then Science in UCD second. Have no idea what else to put down and I probably won't get the 300 points required for UCD anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

changed mine again! anyone else think they will be changing things and the order of them till the 1st of july!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

What employers?

Very few, but if I was an employer you did French in TCD, then I'd probably hold other applicants from other colleges in higher esteem, as I am yet to hear something positive about the French Department in TCD.

It really depends what area you're talking about. If I was hiring in the area of Irish Media I'd probably favour DCU graduates if none of them had work experience.

Need to shuffle mine around a bit, stick Phys Chem of Advanced Materials down, get rid of a few things etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

I'm still debating whether to drop French and do just Business as opposed to Business with French. A new course was added as well so I might add that.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

i originally had ten filled up until i found out some of the courses i was applyin to were in private colleges and i cant afford to go to them! so now im down to seven.im really hoping i get into History though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Fad wrote: »
    Very few, but if I was an employer you did French in TCD, then I'd probably hold other applicants from other colleges in higher esteem, as I am yet to hear something positive about the French Department in TCD.

It really depends what area you're talking about. If I was hiring in the area of Irish Media I'd probably favour DCU graduates if none of them had work experience.

Need to shuffle mine around a bit, stick Phys Chem of Advanced Materials down, get rid of a few things etc.

What a good thing I hate French. With a passion.

Advertisement