Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband provider options in Cork City Centre?

Options
  • 04-05-2009 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've just moved into an apartment at Lancaster Gate (Jurys on the Western Road) and I want to get broadband installed. I would prefer not have have to get a landline installed. Who in your opinion provides the best service?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

I'm with upc(chorus) BB. IT's very fast and has unlimited downloads. No need for a line as long as your building has chorus lines going in there, which most places do.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I'll second UPC - great speeds and good quality of service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Flipper

Thanks for the feedback. Just a couple of questions:

Roughly, how much does it cost you?
    Do you have to get a landline installed and pay rent?
    I'm not going to get Chorus (going with Sky+). Will this have any impact on the price?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I third Chorus. Do not get the TV though. Their broadband is fantastic, everything else, not so much!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I think the broadband costs €30 per month
    No phone line needed
    Not 100% sure on the cost as I have TV & Broadband as the Management co wont allow Sky dishes.
    Maybe check that out for your place.

www.upc.ie should have the prices anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

Apologies for being off topic.

I'm considering renting a top floor apartment in the Garnish block
    of Lancaster Gate.

Any feedback on noise/management company/quality of fit out/anything else?

Am a postgrad this year and next so lack of noise etc is paramount.

Cheers! :)

PS Have had Chorus in the city centre for three years now and while there were many issues in '07 & '08 Chorus has got its act together and has minimal outages now. Your building might be pre-wired for Chorus.

Advertisement