Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

National Botanic Gardens, Kilmacurragh

• 04-05-2009 11:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭

http://www.botanicgardens.ie/kilmac/kilmhome.htm

I was there today, and the rhododendrons are in full bloom. There is a spectacular carpet of fallen pink rhods and bluebells.. Well worth a look for all the flower types and a beautiful spot to boot. Of COURSE i didn't have the camera with me.. :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

sineadw wrote: »
    I was there today, and the rhododendrons are in full bloom. There is a spectacular carpet of fallen pink rhods and bluebells.. Well worth a look for all the flower types and a beautiful spot to boot. Of COURSE i didn't have the camera with me.. :mad:

Well there's two ways to look at this. It was either too bright for you - given your tallent is in pubs'n clubs taking gig shots :D or simply you fv<ked up !!!! :D

How on earth did you forget the cam. Even a disposable could have been bought in the shop, with a quick trip for c41 process and bobs yer unkle.

Appreciate the tip though. I didn't even know this place was here. It sounds like a great day out for a family trip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭alexandros

sineadw wrote: »
    Of COURSE i didn't have the camera with me.. :mad:

Don't beat yourself up over it.
    I am sure we have all done that before. I know I have.

Is there a thread somewhere on boards that has a list of places that offer good photo opportunities?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

alexandros wrote: »
    Is there a thread somewhere on boards that has a list of places that offer good photo opportunities?

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=112034825658444985763.0004674f1050611fe96b7&ll=53.520717,-7.492676&spn=4.795443,6.899414&z=7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

In fairness, I'd headed off without the camera on purpose as I have upwards of 4000 shots to process from the last few months and I've made myself a deal that I don't take a damn thing till I get through some of them. I didn't know we'd be going somewhere like this though - it was stunning. I had the phone camera - I think that was worse than having nothing :(

It's definitely worth a trip. Maybe a boards meet some time? Although I don't think the Rhods have much left in them. Its a lovely place for a wander anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Anouilh

Little consolation, perhaps, but the photo of the Broad Walk with rhododendron petals everywhere might be of interest:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=60001101

There is also a "Fossil Lawn" planted with trees that evolved at the dawning of time. I'll upload more photos when I get a moment.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Worth having a mini-meet here? :)

Advertisement