Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iDirect Satellite Broadband

• 04-05-2009 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi, i need to tune in an idirect satellite system (satellite broadband system used in national schools) using my Horizon HDSM Plus but have had no luck to date getting signal lock with the datasets i have. Has anoyone here ever done this or happen to have the correct dataset for the platform.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Rich

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Try asking on the Foreign Satellite forum. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=922

The alignment is quite critical. If it's Digiweb, then it is IS907
    http://www.lyngsat.com/intel907.html
    possibly 11049V, though I don't know which transponder they use.

Why not get the supplier to re-align?

http://www.lyngsat.com/tracker/intel907.html
    Ireland Dish needs about 28 elevation and 200 azimuth
    (jiggle with mouse till you get your own lat long or download free tool from www.smw.se )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Moved from broadband.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Bit of a late reply I know but only seeing this now and thought I'd post some info...
    Best thing I could suggest is that you go to their website and download firmware and software updates along with an up-to-date dataset.

http://download.horizonhge.com/download.asp?calltype=SATELLITE&RegionID=100

^^ That link above, it it works right, should bring you to the updated dataset for Ireland/UK region and all that is available from your location.

IntelSat 907 also listed if it is that one.

Digiweb might be able to give you a spectrum shot of what you should be seeing if you can manage to talk to the right person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Just to mention also that a lot of the tuning and fine tuning can be done via the iDirect modem itself if you can't get your meter working right.
    Get your Ele/Azi and polarisation right (or at least as best you possibly can) and complete the process with the modem itself.
    Don't ask me for instructions though, I can barely remember myself :p been a while.

That site I linked though with the datasets, it has both KU and C sets for the 907, so just make sure you install what you require, scroll down the list on the left for the C sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 OneBarrel

Cant you use the idirect's isite software. Should give you all the parameters and pointing metrics. Most installers leave the default login settings in place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23 gsm_42

this is not going to work this way if that satellite from school system, each modem need individual optional file while is installing, which is including latitude and longitude, so is not just point the dish on the right position

• Registered Users Posts: 46 OneBarrel

Well since it's an existing system I assume the original modem is there which should have the correct option file, so, just pointing the dish should work. However if it has been offline for a while the service provider's NOC may have to be contacted during repoint to adjust the power levels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23 gsm_42

OneBarrel wrote: »
    Well since it's an existing system I assume the original modem is there which should have the correct option file, so, just pointing the dish should work. However if it has been offline for a while the service provider's NOC may have to be contacted during repoint to adjust the power levels.
    the service provider is Digiweb, if the connection was off-line for a while is a big chance UR modem is disconnected,
    all U need to for re-point the dish is satellite meter,
    send me pm with UR email and I'll get you all the details

Advertisement