Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time for drastic measures. . . .

Options
  • 05-05-2009 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

This is my first log in here and I would really appreciate guidance from other users as I am a Noob here. Be it help with excercises, meals, snack foods etc it's all welcome

Here are the basics. . . .

My aim : To lose 80-90 pounds

Currently

Weight : 298 pounds :eek:
    Height : 6' 2"
    Waist : 42"
    BMI : 38.3 :eek:

My Rules

No Alcohol :mad:
    No Soft Drinks :mad:
    No Sugary Foods :mad:
    Gym twice a week :)
    1 Hour walking every day :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,821 ✭✭✭floggg

looks like a plan. I would suggest diet should be you're first port of call. Those rules are solid, but there is more to it than that. I would suggest having a read through the stickies, and if you want advice, post up a sample diet in the main thread for constructive feedback, or check the other beginner threads.

Eat regularly but small, lots of protein, low carbs, plenty of fresh veg, lean meant and fish, lots of water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

This is my first log in here and I would really appreciate guidance from other users as I am a Noob here. Be it help with excercises, meals, snack foods etc it's all welcome

Here are the basics. . . .

My aim : To lose 80-90 pounds

Currently

Weight : 298 pounds :eek:
    Height : 6' 2"
    BMI : 38.3 :eek:

My Rules

No Alcohol :mad:
    No Soft Drinks :mad:
    No Sugary Foods :mad:
    Gym twice a week :)
    1 Hour walking every day :D

Hold on a second!
    Google keto
    300 pounds with a 42" waist?!
    Man you must have a lot of muscle on ya. By the sounds of things when ya drop the weight you'll look like a beast.
    Google keto!
    Best of luck and I'll be reading.

When ya go to the gym do squats, deadlifts and barbell rows dude.
    Try and get your hour walk in before breakfast. And sometimes do an extra one at night if you're up for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭son.of.jimi

Right I know i started this last week with the best intentions but due to family commitments and a huge party :D! I found it hard to commit to my plans :(

However I Have been browsing and researching what I feel can help me the most for my eating habits and started this regime this morning.

Brekfast

2 Scrambled Eggs with 2 Slices Wholegrain toast
    1 Bowl Bran Flakes
    1 Glass Apple Juice
    1 Portion of fruit mix (minus the juice)

Lunch

Chicken Salad
    1 Glass Apple Juice

Dinner

Cod Portion
    Brocolli
    Carrots
    2 potatoes

1 Glass Apple Juice

I've also been continually drinking water throughout the day.

Had a 5km walk this afternoon but will be busy tonight so i'll do double in the mornning before brekfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

id reccomend having 6 meals spaced through out the day opposed to 3. The spaces between the 3 meals always made me hungrier and more susceptible to snacking

Ok here's a lil update on how today went...

Brekfast

2 Scrambled Eggs with 2 Slices Wholegrain toast
    1 Bowl Bran Flakes
    1 Glass Apple Juice

Lunch

Chicken wrap
    1 Litre water
    1 freddo bar (wanted a taste of chocolate)

Dinner

Sole Goujons
    Brocolli
    2 slices garlic toasties
    2 potatoes
    1 Glass Apple Juice

Woke up at 6:30 and went for my walk @ 7 before breakfast, did just under 10k so brekfast was well recieved :D! didn't do any snacking between then and lunch as i was pretty satisfied. Had my lunch @ 13:30 and I wasn't actually hungry but I ate it as I need to start eating regularily (one thing i have not done for years) Had Dinner @ 17:00 and was still very satisfied.

Went to the K Leisure GYM in Naas at 18:30 and stayed until 20:30, It was the first time I've been in a gym in yonks so here's what i did in the first session.

Cardio

15km on bike @ 7 resistance
    5km on rower
    5km brisk walk on treadmill

Leg press sets

50 x 50
    50 x 100
    15 x 190

Ab crucher

20 x 25
    20 x 40
    10 x 60
    10 x 90

Chest Press

20 x 25
    20 x 35
    10 x 55
    10 x 65
    5 x 90

Squats

10 x 80
    10 x 100
    10 x 110
    10 x 115
    10 x 120

Bench

10 x 60
    10 x 65
    5 x 70
    5 x 80
    5 x 90
    1 x 100

All in all i'm burning! lol

Headin out to K Leisure on Sat until then I'll just keep to the walks in the morning and evening.

• Advertisement

1 week update

Currently

Weight : 282 pounds

16 pounds in one week, time to step up the work rate to keep this going!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Congrats dude!
    I think you should log as much as ya can, cause reading over it for you in a years time will be very motivational. And it'll be a very interesting read for the posters here, and it'll definitely inspire people when ya succeed. Best of luck!!!

2 Month Update! lol

Weight 296
    Waist 40"

Not exactly the results I was Looking for but I've managed to get bigger but in muscle mass not fat (not a bad complaint to have I suppose) Still trying to up the cardio to see If I actually have a smaller frame!

Advertisement