Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ouch.. Ireland will have highest rate of unemployment in euro zone

• 05-05-2009 12:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭

Irish Times title link on homepage reads the following:

'European Commission predicts Ireland will have highest rate of unemployment in euro zone'

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2009/0504/breaking28.htm

The article is more general than the link suggests, but the title says it all.

What a mess.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

IIMII wrote: »

'European Commission predicts Ireland will have highest rate of unemployment in euro zone'

What a mess.

We're number one! We're number one!

Yeah! Go Ireland. Go Fianna Fail!

We did it guys. Top of the heap! We've done it!

High fives all round.

Feels good to be Irish today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

just one more thing for Biffo to brag about when he goes out drinking with his European buddies like Sarkozy and his wife with very magnificant boobies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

saw this on the news to-day quickly followed by a snipit with Mr. Brian Lenihan who said something along the lines of - well its not all bad.other EU countries exports have dropped by double figures while ours are still in single figures- his head seems to be getting buried deeper into the sand as everyday passes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭book smarts

Thanks Bertie, you c.unt, and thanks Mc Creevy, you pr1ck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

And Obama's calling all the US multi-nationals back by taxing them over here. Wont be a single one left by 2011.

Yeah we're fecked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭Disease Ridden

If I ever have children I'm going to tell them how the Fianna Fail government of my teenage years squandered the only situation of wealth this country had ever seen and that because of this fact I cant afford to buy them a playstation 7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

And yet 1/4 Irish voters are for FF. We need a revolution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

If I ever have children I'm going to tell them how the Fianna Fail government of my teenage years squandered the only situation of wealth this country had ever seen and that because of this fact I cant afford to buy them a playstation 7.

Hopefully they will be confined to history by then;)

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    Hopefully they will be confined to history by then;)

You're currently a fan of sony's third generation console I notice :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭b28

I've applied for a visa out of here! I'm sick of this place BIG TIME!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

Thanks Bertie, you c.unt, and thanks Mc Creevy, you pr1ck.

lol lol lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

towel401 wrote: »
    just one more thing for Biffo to brag about when he goes out drinking with his European buddies like Sarkozy and his wife with very magnificant boobies

Jeez towel there is nothing pretty about the mess we are in:(

You could at least have left Ms Sarkozy,s boobs as something nice for our minds to wander to,now if she comes into my mind thanks to you her tassles will be euro notes in my fantasys,damn you to Iceland!:P

Hopefully people will have the cop on to notice what a corrupt bastard and lousy excuse of a taoseach that fcuker Bertie Ahern was, and wont vote him in as our next president. He was the only taoiseach lucky enough to be in power during a time of massively abundant wealth and he had the audacity to just throw money at anything that stood in the way of fianna fail getting votes, for the entirity of his term, neglecting the fact that economies dont grow forever.
    Again, I'l make sure my future children know that he and his 2002-2007 government were the ruin of this country, despite what the history books might say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

So spanish unemployment at 20% is ok as long as they have got sunny weather - what will happen if we get the predicted heatwave this summer?

http://www.cepr.org/PUBS/Bulletin/meets/496.htm

What a mess.

Where is that quote in the article?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭IIMII

Senna wrote: »

It's stated on the link from the homepage to the article, though as I said the article is more general than the link suggests

It does however state the following in the article:
    The Commission also sees the region's unemployment rate increasing to 9.9 per cent this year and 11.5 per cent in 2010, with the highest rates expected in Spain and Ireland.

It's stated on the link from the homepage to the article, though as I said the article is more general than the link suggests

Right so, Irish Times trying to sex-up the news again:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭IIMII

with the highest rates expected in Spain and Ireland.
    Hmm, different wording, same meaning, no?

Either way from lowest to highest in 2 years is some turnaround

Crap journalism/editing, Yes!

It does however state the following in the article:
    Right so, Irish Times trying to sex-up the news again:rolleyes:

Either way from lowest to highest in 2 years is some turnaround
    Crap journalism/editing, Yes!

Gentlemen, gentlemen, can we get back to the matter at hand please? Talking about how much we all hate that corrupt cnunt and wealth squanderer Bertie Ahern, and indeed every politician in the country, with the exception of that bastion of common sense former PD Michael McDowell who knew of the need for inequality in our society. If only he was leading this shíthole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

Spain will have the worst unemployment figures but we will have the worst deficit!

http://blogs.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/politics/2009/05/post_673.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    We're number one! We're number one!

Yeah! Go Ireland. Go Fianna Fail!

We did it guys. Top of the heap! We've done it!

High fives all round.

Feels good to be Irish today.
    Thank you. I needed the laugh. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Gentlemen, gentlemen, can we get back to the matter at hand please? Talking about how much we all hate that corrupt cnunt and wealth squanderer Bertie Ahern, and indeed every politician in the country, with the exception of that bastion of common sense former PD Michael McDowell who knew of the need for inequality in our society. If only he was leading this shíthole.

Yeah... Wait, what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Very true Kev, I simply do not understand it myself. The only reasonable explanation i can think of is that the people who still support this gang of corrupt, incompetent muppets are either;
    A) Complete and utter idiots.

B) Have been voting FF all their lives because their parents did, why change?

C) They are so focused on the local "parish pump" politics that they vote for the local cute hoor who they know will pull a stroke and get that pothole filled regardless of the impact on wider society of allowing the state to be run by the most corrupt man in the town/county.

I am beginning to think that it may be a combination of all three but I would really love to hear from somebody on Boards who voted/will vote for FF and for them to explain in simple terms, their motivation for doing so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Yeah... Wait, what?

It doesnt make a whole pile of sense does it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Smacks of sarcasm imo.

Not sure how valid it is to bemoan the FF voters.
    I don't have much confidence in Inda and co anyway, I'll probably vote the candidates in order of attractiveness next time out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Ah sure we'll be grand. Now who's up for a pint

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

We need a cull you mean:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Caoimhín wrote: »
    Very true Kev, I simply do not understand it myself. The only reasonable explanation i can think of is that the people who still support this gang of corrupt, incompetent muppets are either;
    A) Complete and utter idiots.

B) Have been voting FF all their lives because their parents did, why change?

C) They are so focused on the local "parish pump" politics that they vote for the local cute hoor who they know will pull a stroke and get that pothole filled regardless of the impact on wider society of allowing the state to be run by the most corrupt man in the town/county.

I am beginning to think that it may be a combination of all three but I would really love to hear from somebody on Boards who voted/will vote for FF and for them to explain in simple terms, their motivation for doing so.
    For their motivation, it's your points A,B,and C. above.
    Sadly for the country, :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I really think we could do with chuck norris right now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

At least we're not lame like France

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

The tone and direction of this thread seems to be heading in an authority bashing direction. With this in mind I'd like to add the fact that I hate Trade Unions and their weasel like leaders.

Advertisement