Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting a band

Options
  • 05-05-2009 6:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Anyone up for starting a band in carlow? I'm a geetar man have both electric and acoustic...Need everythin else lol
    Any drummers out there holla at me and we'll jam behind closed doors and see where it goes.
    Any influences will do personally i'm a pink floyd to acdc man but i'll play anythin!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 irishunitard

im up fore it! im thinking of taking up either drums or bass in 4th year! where are you based? carlow town?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Dboy, can you sing? I've the makings of a band (drummer, bass and lead) but we're missing a singer.

I guess our influences would be Red Hot Chilli Peppers, U2 and Incubus to name but a few.

if by sing you mean open my motuh and have a beautiful sound that would send shivers down your spine, no, but if you mean two cats, a squrill and serval other creaters in a mirco-wave and then the live ones put in a blender yes i can

sorry i cant sing to save my life

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

looks like this band needs more cowbell

more-cowbell-tshirt.jpg

Maybe it does! or maybe just some moar mudkip!
    It be mudkip time now?
    im guessing your a chan.er to have the knowledge of the mighty cowbell
    Mudkips-goofytime.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

yes, but i heard the orginal SNL skit.
    i'd be interested in doing something with a band.
    Maybe it does! or maybe just some moar mudkip!
    It be mudkip time now?
    im guessing your a chan.er to have the knowledge of the mighty cowbell
    Mudkips-goofytime.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

lads it's about starting a band, not about cartoon pic stuff

thanks and good day

Patrick

if by sing you mean open my motuh and have a beautiful sound that would send shivers down your spine, no, but if you mean two cats, a squrill and serval other creaters in a mirco-wave and then the live ones put in a blender yes i can

sorry i cant sing to save my life

my question was directed at the OP

sorry i wasnt minding to much when i posted my reply i was kinda spcaced out if you know what im saying

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Dboy85

Lol I can sing but not in key/tune:rolleyes: Sorry! I'm livin out by the i.t!

• Advertisement

aynon wrote: »
    yes, but i heard the orginal SNL skit.
    i'd be interested in doing something with a band.

...A roadie? :pac:

can i groupie? and be like woo go band!
    (im being serious)

can i groupie? and be like woo go band!
    (im being serious)

If thats the limit of your talent who am I to refuse:pac:

Ah really cos your bands gonna be sooo awosome!(well with me as a groupie)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭shesalady

hi, just would like to know how many members uhave got so far and what's the general age range? Thanks

shesalady wrote: »
    hi, just would like to know how many members uhave got so far and what's the general age range? Thanks

Still just me and a part time drummer....no age range really im 24 but 10 years either side wouldnt be bad. Why you interested? What you play/sing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Has to be a decent singer out there somewhere........ I'm sick of this normal lark!

Don1 wrote: »
    Has to be a decent singer out there somewhere........ I'm sick of this normal lark!

What kind of singer you lookin for? What influences like?

This week I have been mostly listening to:
    Incubus, Tool, RHCP, RATM, Velvet Revolver, Led Zepplin, Foo Fighters, Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Audioslave, Jimi Hendrix, QOTSA, Soundgarden, Stone Temple Pilots, PUSA, Pantera, Iron Maiden, Tom Petty, Guns n' Roses, Faith No More, Pearl Jam...............

In short, influences are vast and varied tbh. I play pretty much anything. Depends on the mood I guess!

As for what type of singer, well, a tonely adept one would be an advantage! I reckon anyone who is confident enough to sing anything and put their own stamp on it.

Went jamming (me and drummer) in our (free) rehersal space last night for the first time in ages and have to say twas deadly! Just need the other members and it'd be perfect!

• Advertisement

Went jamming (me and drummer) in our (free) rehersal space last night for the first time in ages and have to say twas deadly! Just need the other members and it'd be perfect!
    #

Can I join in:pac:? What you lookin for to complete this band then?

Singer/guitarist, or just a mad singer I guess.

Singer/guitarist, or just a mad singer I guess.

I'll be your second guitarist if u want?

Dboy85 wrote: »
    I'll be your second guitarist if u want?

You'd have to get the go ahead from the drummer. He's tough to impress :)

ShayK1 wrote: »
    You'd have to get the go ahead from the drummer. He's tough to impress :)

How bout playing Voodoo child with my feet lol? SO I take it your in the band with Don1? And YOUR the drummer or am I way off :pac:

And a mod!!! Jaysus your like the second coming or somthing

Bass player

ShayK1 wrote: »
    Bass player

I played for a while but got sick of bein stuck in the corner lol yuo know how it feels! "My friend of misery" was my party piece as a bassist. Is the drummer a boardie?

Dboy85 wrote: »
    I played for a while but got sick of bein stuck in the corner lol yuo know how it feels! "My friend of misery" was my party piece as a bassist. Is the drummer a boardie?

Nah man, I love playing bass. I suppose my party piece would be Hysteria by Muse. The drummer is not a boardie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiUx0WdBdyA&feature=related

I also love playing Incubus' Battlestar Scralatchtica but I keep forgetting how to play it and I have to relearn it and its a nightmare to learn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KS4TeOnP18

So how long ye playin together? I havent jammed with a full set in about 4 or 5 years so my timin is gone te sh1t3 lol I've more time on my hands now so I'm gettin in 5 or 6 hours of constant bar counting :rolleyes:lol

Love the vids the Incubus bass line is very jazzy its class.
    I'm more of a rock blues pentatonic player. I'd love te write with a couple of people and bang out a few licks.

• Advertisement

I haven't played with the lads for a long time now but we used to mess around in our flat regularly a few years ago. I got frustrated with the fact that we'd no singer and I was also pretty busy too. I've more free time now though, I finish work at 5 and I'm home by 5:15, which is nice!

Advertisement