Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting a band

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Dboy85

ShayK1 wrote: »
    I haven't played with the lads for a long time now but we used to mess around in our flat regularly a few years ago. I got frustrated with the fact that we'd no singer and I was also pretty busy too. I've more free time now though, I finish work at 5 and I'm home by 5:15, which is nice!

On the pigs back lad:pac: Did ye ever post an ad lookin for a singer?! Have ya got like a garage or spare room te jam in now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Dboy85 wrote: »
    On the pigs back lad:pac: Did ye ever post an ad lookin for a singer?! Have ya got like a garage or spare room te jam in now?

The drummer has a spot. I haven't been there yet but its on my to do list.
    I did post somewhere, either here or on Carlow IT but the return wasn't great. Maybe the open mic nights could turn up some talent.

That'd be the ideal place to find a Rock singer! A quiet guy showed up at the one we had in the vynal bar years ago and took the stage (shy and all) and whipped out a harmonica and sang the likes of acdc to a tee:eek:. I still remember the version of "Crazy" by Aerosmith it was without doubt one of the best things Ive heard:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Well then, Shay, Podge says you're to get yer ass out to the Phoenix centre for a reunion jam and then we'll talk to him about getting others on board?!

I would stand for that Shay tut tut lol Would podge be a poor liverpool supporter from offaly by any chance?

• Advertisement

I would stand for that Shay tut tut lol Would podge be a poor liverpool supporter from offaly by any chance?

nope

nope

ah well! COOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMEEEEE on there must be more people lookin te jam than this or is everyone in college for the summer :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 danny8972

Hi , im a carlow based singer if your still looking for a frontman

danny8972 wrote: »
    Hi , im a carlow based singer if your still looking for a frontman

PM sent

PM sent

You stole a band member...shame on you

• Advertisement

hopefully....

Haha rock on man hope it works out. Mite see yis around town for a gig or ten!

he never replied to my 2nd pm so don't feel too bad.

Must of made an impression so :pac: Are ya lookin for gigs or to jam away

well, me and my 2 mates are just jamming atm. As I said earlier in the thread I hadn't played with them for quite awhile so I'm just getting back into it now. If we found that missing link (a singer we all liked) then we'd look to gig.

Friend of mine is pretty good hes into incubus but hes fond of his acoustic stuff. He sang for me for a while before we all broke for college i'll ask em if hes up for it

cool, that'd be great thanks.
    And if we ever have the need for a 2nd guitarist, I'll give you a shout :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Ebi

I kind of sing, or at least that's what i've been told. A dark kind of jazzy sound they tell me. And i can belt my lungs out, and after having watched 300 (u know the crappy sparta movie) I realised that I can growl or whatever u metal folk call it. Mainly listens to old school soul and jazz, and I wrote a university essay on the rolling stones once. Retired Radiohead fan and survivor of an indie pop stint, complete with white tights and nerdy dancing.

Ebi wrote: »
    I kind of sing, or at least that's what i've been told. A dark kind of jazzy sound they tell me. And i can belt my lungs out, and after having watched 300 (u know the crappy sparta movie) I realised that I can growl or whatever u metal folk call it. Mainly listens to old school soul and jazz, and I wrote a university essay on the rolling stones once. Retired Radiohead fan and survivor of an indie pop stint, complete with white tights and nerdy dancing.

where are you from?

Well I play a mix between blues/Jazz ans Blues rock...something along the lines of like blue jeans blues zztop or five long years by clapton so I think your voice would complement the pieces of music I wrote if your interested in putting lyrics to em rather than a cover band. I was a big fan of The Bends in the day man all went downhill after O.K tho. I just remembered Bush there :pac: mad.

• Advertisement

where are you from?

Im a carlowian swede!

Well I play a mix between blues/Jazz ans Blues rock...something along the lines of like blue jeans blues zztop or five long years by clapton so I think your voice would complement the pieces of music I wrote if your interested in putting lyrics to em rather than a cover band. I was a big fan of The Bends in the day man all went downhill after O.K tho. I just remembered Bush there :pac: mad.

Lyrics, now thats a challenge!

Lyrics, now thats a challenge!

Ah dont worry it aint that hard! the Guitar does most of the talkin i'll try puttin some stuff up and see what comes to you. Probably take me 6 months to get around to it lol

A Swedish Carlovian eh? Great combination

Im a carlowian swede!

Would you be interested in singing some heavier stuff?

I'm not talking about Pantera or anything but, Incubus, Muse, Chilli Peppers, Rage Against the Machine??

Would you be interested in singing some heavier stuff?

I'm not talking about Pantera or anything but, Incubus, Muse, Chilli Peppers, Rage Against the Machine??

Sure, why not! pm me if u want for more info and stuff

How bout Metallica? Hows your James Hetfield voice :pac:

How bout Metallica? Hows your James Hetfield voice :pac:

I have yet to try it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

hehe, there's always my old overdrive and distortion pedals. Sing through those! :p

Or swallow a bee:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

i was going to start a thread for this and then i thought, feck it - this is a thread about bands in Carlow so I'll sneak it in here.

If anyone happens across a Carlow vocalist for an original project, let me know. ability to play bass or guitar an advantage but not completely necessary. there is material which can be heard by those interested in doing the singing thing.

Advertisement